Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

by Sekurity

Original Post

Re: Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

★★★★ Novice

would be nice to see my storm not getting one shot through shields by snipers, liek the patch promised... but after downloading the patch and trying it out on gm1, still got that issue, and Im well over 430 too. Also, playstyle, yeah, I understand we need to change that, but if you keep getting pinned down to the ground becoz your shield don't work and your windwall can't be properly deployed while you're hovering (needs something solid, can't be aplied to wall, has to be ground) we have no defense from a single shot or skill

Message 51 of 98 (261 Views)

★★★★ Guide
You are better off than the interceptor. They have it the worst
Message 52 of 98 (260 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Shaddoll23 wrote:

I'm noticing my survivability on interceptor is a bit better since the update.  I think this is due to gear perks actually applying the way they're supposed to.

Message 53 of 98 (248 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I think you're having a completely different experience than I while leveling. I level on hard, and the moment I go into hover mode to try and shoot things, my shields and health get quickly shredded.

Most often, by the time I activate my two abilities on a target, my shields are completely gone. This is at level 12, and I can't imagine it getting any better later on.

If I didn't use cover, I'd be dead in seconds.
Message 54 of 98 (240 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Godwocris wrote:
I think you're having a completely different experience than I while leveling. I level on hard, and the moment I go into hover mode to try and shoot things, my shields and health get quickly shredded.

Most often, by the time I activate my two abilities on a target, my shields are completely gone. This is at level 12, and I can't imagine it getting any better later on.

If I didn't use cover, I'd be dead in seconds.

Once you're decked out in all epics hard becomes easy. Once I got a MW and Leg component GM1 became what hard used to be. I imagine if I went into hard now I wouldn't even see my health bar move.

Message 55 of 98 (235 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There are NO DRAMATIC COOLDOWN DECREASES right now. Either the inscriptions that grant "speed" don't work properly (i tested that myself) or we all misinterpret what they are supposed to do (then Bioware should explain those damn inscriptions to us). You only really can get signficantly increased weapon damage or ability damage but cooldown reductions isn't there.

Message 56 of 98 (235 Views)

★ Guide

@Shaddoll23 wrote:

Completely disagree. I have about 100 hours into storm and probably under 10 in interceptor, yet my interceptor does WAY better. GM1 on int is comparable to hard on storm.

It just seems like the hover shield bonus doesn't scale at all. Early on it turns you into a god. By late game hard, it can be blink and you're dead. So, it feels like it's say +500 to shields, instead of like -50% damage.

Note that due to this, I've been playing the interceptor lately, so I have not gotten MW gear for the storm. Maybe those will bring it back in, but I'm not looking forward to doing GM1 to get there.

Message 57 of 98 (234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@sanjyuuichi2 wrote:

Once you're decked out in all epics hard becomes easy. Once I got a MW and Leg component GM1 became what hard used to be. I imagine if I went into hard now I wouldn't even see my health bar move.

Be nice if leveing in hard dropped epics then.  Something is clearly off with the scaling of enemy damage in regards to survivability while leveling. 

Message 58 of 98 (227 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Arapenlo wrote:

There are NO DRAMATIC COOLDOWN DECREASES right now. Either the inscriptions that grant "speed" don't work properly (i tested that myself) or we all misinterpret what they are supposed to do (then Bioware should explain those damn inscriptions to us). You only really can get signficantly increased weapon damage or ability damage but cooldown reductions isn't there.

They definitely work to speed up my ult and assault/strike recharge.  I stacked a bunch of ult speed in particular, and the difference is quite noticeable.  I haven't measured it for SCIENCE! though.

Message 59 of 98 (222 Views)

★★★★ Guide

In the famous words of Juggernaut..

Gotta keep moving!

Message 60 of 98 (211 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help