Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

by Sekurity

Original Post

Re: Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

★★★ Apprentice

@sanjyuuichi2 wrote:

GM1 isn't even that hard, and this coming from someone who doesn't even have MW components yet. Yeah does my playstyle have to be adjusted, of course. But at the end of the day it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I just finished a SH with my fresh lvl30 buddy. Just the two of us with two randoms. No wipes, a few revives here and there, and a completion. I like that it's difficult, or as some of you say tedious. I'm tired of games with "challenging endgame" but when you get there it's nothing special. Thank you Bioware for creating a system that actually challenges the players and forces them to adjust outside of float around and kill everything without trying.

Totally agree with the play style needs to change when going into GM. When playing storm, whilst leveling, i got into the mind set of just hovering and nuking everything. I hardly ever used cover. GM was a shock but in a good way.

I really hope GM doesn't get nerfed. I'm loving the challenge.

I've been doing GM1 with a friend and 2 randoms. It is doable but it would be nice if i actually heard the randoms talk on voice. I believe GM is designed for good team play and communication.

It's nice doing content where i have to think rather than just expect to down everything without dying.

Message 41 of 98 (311 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@labtud wrote:

@sanjyuuichi2 wrote:

GM1 isn't even that hard, and this coming from someone who doesn't even have MW components yet. Yeah does my playstyle have to be adjusted, of course. But at the end of the day it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I just finished a SH with my fresh lvl30 buddy. Just the two of us with two randoms. No wipes, a few revives here and there, and a completion. I like that it's difficult, or as some of you say tedious. I'm tired of games with "challenging endgame" but when you get there it's nothing special. Thank you Bioware for creating a system that actually challenges the players and forces them to adjust outside of float around and kill everything without trying.

Totally agree with the play style needs to change when going into GM. When playing storm, whilst leveling, i got into the mind set of just hovering and nuking everything. I hardly ever used cover. GM was a shock but in a good way.

I really hope GM doesn't get nerfed. I'm loving the challenge.

I've been doing GM1 with a friend and 2 randoms. It is doable but it would be nice if i actually heard the randoms talk on voice. I believe GM is designed for good team play and communication.

It's nice doing content where i have to think rather than just expect to down everything without dying.

And ode to the days of challenging video games. An era lost on society today. I agree with hoping they don't nerf GM any more than they already have. And I'm hoping that once a larg portion of the community gets through GM3 and gets the supposed "Ancient gear" that drops in it. They will buff Gm back to what it once was. At least for GM3 anyway.

Message 42 of 98 (310 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure how you are having trouble as a storm in GM1,i'm shredding through everything without taking barely any damage.

But then again i'm 472...hehe.

Message 43 of 98 (302 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DolnorNumbwit ,
Once again, I'm no kindergarden gamer. My background comes from heroic and mythic raiding. I understand simple game and progression systems. This game is no different. I could not get anymore gear at my current tear, therefore the only other option was go to the next level. Going from hard to GM1 isn't "cranking it up to the hardest death wish level."
I'm no Alexandria Occasional Cortex. If that's what you took from most post that I want everything dumbed down and require a participation trophy, you clearly do not have the slightest clue.
Message 44 of 98 (280 Views)

★ Apprentice
@sanjyuuichi2 ,
Says the Colossus....thank you for your input, but I was discussing storms. As I stated, it seems like everyone else gets hurt, but nothing like a storm does.
Message 45 of 98 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@labtud,
I never said it was undoable. I'm starting to get annoyed with people "putting words in my post" so to speak, and claim that I do not want challenging content. I thought my statement about being from a hardcore raiding background obviously pointed to the fact that i enjoy difficult content, gearing up in that content so I can move onto the even more difficult content.
It's all about the ramp up in difficulty, getting gear, getting a little easier, then progressing to the next level. Going from normal to hard was a nice ramp up. It wasn't 5 steps ahead, it was a good hike up in damage dealt and damage taken. But once you're geared and need to step into GM1 to get further upgrades, it is a smack in the face to storms. Also, last night I got my first masterwork component. A purple component gives 300ish armor and 600ish shields. The masterwork component had 1800ish armor and 3500ish shields. 1 masterwork component gives more survivability than all of your purple components combined......it looks like they clearly missed a step here.

Message 46 of 98 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@sanjyuuichi2,
As stated in my prior posting, I never said I didn't want challenging content. Also, again I have to state you are a Colossus, I said that the storms survivability may need to be looked at and changed. I never said anything about changing the actual difficulty of Grandmasters. You are saying you don't have any issues, yes its challenging, but you enjoy it. You can't suggest that everythings fine with a kit when you haven't even played it in GM1, (even though I have a feeling you'll say your main is a Storm yet your profile picture is a Colossus, which doesn't mean anything but it's a good clue as to what you play/main. )
Coming from a hardcare MMORPG raiding background, I figured that was a given that I enjoy playing the base raids, getting geared in that difficulty so I can move onto the next state of difficulty, so on and so fourth. Clearly you need to expand your gaming portfolio because there are plenty of challenging MMO shooters/RPG.  You wouldn't be stating "ode to the days of challenging video games. An era lost on society today." 

Message 47 of 98 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@cake404,
Once again Cake, I am no kindergarden gamer. I am a 35 years old and have played MMORPGs, shooters, and tactical shooting games, and real time strategy games. (I dont like racing games. Too boring)
I have done all types of progression in many games. I get how progression systems work and I'm no "dumb down the game so even the kiddies can play and enjoy" type of person. I enjoy challenging content. But everything you are explaining is common sense information meant for begginers. I am not one. I enjoy challenging content.
What I am saying is that there is an issue.
While I do appreciate you taking the type to try to explain these mechanics in a way to offer me up some sense of understanding, it still doesn't help.
The most important thing out of everything you've posted is not only are you not playing a storm in GM1 difficulty, you are currently not even playing the game yet. So your rebuttal to my claims have absolutely no help because the most you have played was MAYBE the demo. You yourself have not been in the atmosphere, therefore have no experience and can give an honest opinion on if my claims are valid.
But again, I do appreciate you taking the time thinking that I'm new to gaming and these types of progression systems. But I can assure you I'm not.

Message 48 of 98 (259 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

However, I have played Mass Effect, on which Anthem combat is based, [...].

People really need to stop spouting that.  The combat system is quite different from Mass Effect, there's really no point in equating them.

Message 49 of 98 (247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Sekurity wrote:
@sanjyuuichi2,
Says the Colossus....thank you for your input, but I was discussing storms. As I stated, it seems like everyone else gets hurt, but nothing like a storm does.

My buddy was a fresh lvl30 storm and he went down once through a whole SH. And he wasn’t just hiding behind a rock the whole mission. 

And to comment on your ramp down in difficulty. That would require them to ramp down MW items. You need MW for GM1, but if GM1 was easier then MW would have to have lower stats. Which in turn would have you making the same comment about GM2. Then to GM3 and legendaries. Don’t screw up the entire endgame because you can’t handle something many others aren’t having trouble with. 

You could also try doing freeplay before going to the SH. The mobs in the SH are stronger than those in freeplay. Get a couple components then try again.

Message 50 of 98 (236 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help