Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

by Sekurity

Original Post

Re: Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

★★★ Guide
@labtud from what I see their scaling system is a bit wonky. basically he sees lvl 25 you see lvl 30 but your lvl 30 dmg is boosted a bit more then it should.
Message 21 of 100 (559 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MagikarpsGhost ,
I'll have to double check this when I get home. I've geared up my interceptor and ranger and both javelins had more shield bars than my Storm. Unless you are talking about while hovering. I still can't find info about how much that "bonus" actually gives while you hover.
Message 22 of 100 (556 Views)

★ Pro

psst.. Health bars = Armor. Armor is your health per say, not an extra stat. It's a little confusing I know, but  that is how it works in Anthem.

In GM 1 things start to tear through your shields. See a lot of storms so used to hovering and absorbing trash mob fire with their shields simply shrugging it off, hence why we see all the omg Nerf Storms! post. GM1 you have to use cover / windwall more so and coordinate with your team a lot more than on Hard, simply said if you draw fire on any javelin you aren't  going to last long if you don't dodge, find cover and regroup, along with focusing the closest threats.

You simply can't ignore the trash mobs close by and try to concentrate on that Turret 5 clicks out, and not expect to get downed. That is why they stress Grand Master rank difficulties stress on tactical team play in order to do them fast and efficiently.

(Note: they are supposedly adding a day one patch to help the Storm that is doesn't get one shot by snipers in the harder difficulties)

Message 23 of 100 (553 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Sekurity IIRC from the live stream they get a 50% shield dmg reduction while hovering and 20% quicker recharge time on it. also little tip not many know. you can hover higher then enemies can hit you and still nuke them. i tease my friends telling them im an orbital nuke.
Message 24 of 100 (551 Views)

★ Apprentice
Im used to calling the green stuff health and the blue stuff shields. I get the more armor you have, the more effective life you have.
I understand tactical games. CSGO and the division. These concepts I understand. No one is saying ignore trash mobs on a harder difficulty. When you are trying to freeze things and kill them, its inevitable you will get tagged a couple times from stragglers. Getting tagged a couple times should not hurt you this dramatically to the point of death at GM 1 when there is still 2 other GM levels to go.
Message 25 of 100 (543 Views)

★ Apprentice

@To All ,

While I appreciate everyone's feedback on my feedback, I can't help but wonder how many people are arguing against my point without even playing the storm. People keep saying "I see storms doing this" which I take as they currently aren't playing in GM on a storm or even touched the storm to even get a valid view on the matter. Granted there are a couple Storm mains that stated they were.

You don't have to to offer up an opinion, It just doesn't make sense to me because how can you understand what I'm bringing up without even experiencing what I'm discussing.

Message 26 of 100 (536 Views)

★ Guide
My common ranger and 2 remaining hours of game play are just gonna keep reading this thread...

Informative
Message 27 of 100 (522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im having exactly the same issue, grand master 1 and im dead by nearly everything unless i spend my whole time just dodging and flying around.

Recomended gear lvl is 340+  Im 425 and have chose every defensive component with shield absorb/armor/ resist and im still dead in 2 seconds. There is a major tuning issue here. 

I see people saying about finding the right component stats that balances with your loadout/playstyle, thats fine but if you die on full defensive in like a second of being hit, theres no point choosing anything other than pure defence.

Message 28 of 100 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Sekurity 

I am currently a 471 storm with 4 MW components, you are 100% feeling the frustration I felt before I got my components, you will get freaking obliterated until you get a few. The components have 1400 armor and 2831 shields, one MW component is as strong as your other 5 put together, it is nuts. The annoying part is you need to play on GM1 for the components to drop, they don't drop in hard or lower. 

Tough it out, do Freeroam and equip luck gear, my friend and I have on 150% support luck gear and we get MW items at an ok pace, but it still sucks seeing the same lame gun every time you go back to town. Storm gets very powerful with the Hover pistol and some components, at least in GM1 across the board and GM2 freeroam. After that I am honestly not sure what the heck anyone is supposed to do.

The Avenging Herald Pistol drops in Hard, so spam some strongholds till you get it, 200% increased damage while hovering is godly on that gun, your abilites fall off really hard on anything beyond red bar mobs in GM1 so you need to fall back on that pistol until they figure out what they want our skills to do. Ice Storm is your best friend, use it to freeze anything you can, Burning Orb for Damage or Glacial Spear for big frost combo's and to single target of shielded enemies.

I typically run Ice Storm and Glacial Spear myself, but Burning Orb was my bread and butter until I got the pistol mentioned above. Ice Storm a pack, Burning Orb on full charge, repeat. Make sure you equip the components that increase elemental damage and increases recharge rate, and also the converse on that increases recharge rate and decreases elemental damage, it is a net gain having them both on.

Message 29 of 100 (512 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thank you @Slippery_n1p , that was my exact point. If you are stacking pure defensive and using ice to freeze targets and you are still getting shredded, there is something wrong.
Did you find going from normal to hard was a decent ramp up and going from hard to GM was a double ramp up if you will?
Message 30 of 100 (511 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help