Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

by Sekurity

Original Post

Re: Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

★ Apprentice
@Tastix ,
I have a few components with both +% to armor and +% to shields on my purple components. Also, if you are playing on anything below grandmaster 1, you only have access to 6 masterwork weapons. All masterwork items are unlocked at Grandmaster1+. I'm going back through the news to see which dev stated this, Ill let you know.
So your suggestion is to get these masterwork components that are locked behind grandmaster 1, yet you cant get geared unless you play grandmaster 1. See the issue here?
Message 11 of 100 (740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@cake404,
You are misunderstanding my statement here. As I stated before, I play MMORPGs and shooters all my life. I understand game mechanics and progression. The content doesn't need to be "easy" once I get to an appropriate gear score. It should have a gradual increase in difficulty. Going from normal to hard was a nice hike up. You felt it but it wasn't terrible. Going from hard to GM1 is too much of a ramp up.

Stacking survivability and resists and still getting 1 shotted is an issue. What you are saying doesn't make sense at all. You are stating in a nutshell "don't worry about survivability even though the game is based around it, stack damage and effect length." If even 1 mob taps me once with a shot, id go down. This response doesn't make sense in the least bit.

Message 12 of 100 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

the issue I see with MANY storm players is lack of strategy, they float there blasting away without taking cover or moving around. I play interceptor and honestly I am loving GM1-3 though it is a bit..odd in how its balanced I did read somewhere they will have a balance fix on the 22 or shortly after.

Message 13 of 100 (734 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Gaeandilth1 ,
As I stated in a prior posting to someone else, I have a few components that have + armor and +shield on the secondary rolls. If you play anything under grandmaster 1, you only have access to 6 masterwork weapons. All masterworks unlock at grandmaster 1 and above. So according to your statement, I am nowhere near geared enough to play on GM1, yet all the upgrades are locked behind playing in GM1.....see the issue there?
Message 14 of 100 (731 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Dracane-Altmeri ,
Our survivability is our shields. We get a bonus to it while hovering. It is still low compared to all other javelins.
Message 15 of 100 (728 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Sekurity 

Yes and no, I'll clarify though. 

The masterwork components are an INSANE boos to shield and armor. You should be able to do GM1 at 400 with all lvl 36 components, but its going to be hard... really hard. This is intended though because even as you gear up with masterwork components to massively increase your shields and armor it should still be a challenge. 

GM2 only started to become doable for me once I had 5/6 masterwork components and some skills and weapons. And it is still really hard, as it should be. 

I imagine GM3 means you need your masterworks rolled really well to promote your specific play style. 

To to recap, you can do GM1 at 400 but it's going to be a serious challenge and will slowly get easier as you fill up your items with masterworks. 

Message 16 of 100 (726 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MagikarpsGhost ,
I see them too. I can assure I'm not a kindergarden gamer. I've played challenging dungeons and raids before. I understand the ramp up and progression in difficulty. The ramp up from hard to GM1 is insane for the Storm. Again, taking 3 shots from trash mobs should not deplete all of my shields leaving me with 5 or 6 health bars which would probably take only 1 more shot till I die.

I've recently geared up my interceptor to 405 and I have around 14 health bars and 10 to 12 shield bars with an insane amount of armor stacked on that. So of course the interceptor would feel like it's fine compared to a storms 6 shield bars and 6 health bars with very low armor.
Message 17 of 100 (711 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
This is an interesting one. I main storm and ive had some interesting things happen.

When i had a gear score of around 400 (lvl30) with balanced components (some armor/shield some damge) i noticed that when i grouped up with a friend that was level 25 i was getting one shotted all the time. Oh and this wasn't me hovering round like some entitled storm lol.

On the same build and stats, without my lvl 25 friend i could do GM1 without feeling like i was getting one shotted. It was really strange.
Message 18 of 100 (704 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Tastix ,
I agree they give you an insane boost. But my thought on the matter is the increase in difficulty at least for the Storm is a problem because all other javelins have insane armor and shield boosts while we get mediocre shield boosts and lowest armor values.

The ramp up from normal to hard was decent. You felt it and you adjusted accordingly. The ramp up from hard to GM1 feels like we missed a step in between there. There is no gradual increase in difficulty there. It is literally "woops, i got hit with a bullet from a trash mob guys, I need to regain shields" every time.

The difficulty isn't undoable. I'm simply saying it needs some looking into.
Message 19 of 100 (703 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Sekurity incorrect, storm actually has the MOST shield out of the group. what I did was threw an armor mod on so if it goes down I have the hp to back me up until I get to cover.
Message 20 of 100 (702 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help