Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

by Sekurity

Original Post

Re: Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

★★★★ Novice
I think there are some bugs with the javelins health bars. Some games i go in and my health bar is in 2 blocks, other times i go in and its split into, like, 15 blocks.

That said, the Titans are massively broken, and i guess other enemies. There's a particular mission with a titan near a styder, and he will target you while your spawning in, resulting in you spawning in dead. It seems your hitbox spawns before your javelin (little blue shield you see where players are loading in).

Even at 470 Strom, the titan in hard mode will often 1-shot me. shields and armour stacked heavily. Same with those other enemies that hide in the black balls and fire auto seeking red balls at you. almost always these things1-shot me out of nowhere. super fast, impossible to dodge unless you see them spawn and still you have to be quick.

I think there are a lot of balancing that needs to be done with enemies and javelins.
Message 71 of 100 (503 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Storm is fine as it is. As long as you pay attention to what's going on and act on it, you'll do fine.
Message 72 of 100 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i disagree with the OP, you arent geared enough for GM1 at p411 lol...you are barely geared for hardmode strongholds imo mate.

*EDIT* all these pilots complaining they get 1 shot by hard bosses need to switch javelins imo because you dont know how to play Storm lbs...move to colossus please so you become a little more tanky Standard smile

Message 73 of 100 (478 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not him it is a health bug still not fixed. I am a ranger no where near like a storm 420 and have shield and .armor on and epic slot armor and shield and anything less than purple. One mistake two shots from trash. I am dead. Saw same bug in VIP and free weekend demo...its broken 

Message 74 of 100 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Storms don't have an issue with survivability on GM1, they have an issue with being aware of their surroundings and not stupidly hovering while snipers shoot them.  I main the Storm, and it's by far the easiest javelin type to play.  The only problem is against Titans and the flaming meatballs that have a hitbox two or three times as large as the graphic.  You basically have to dodge three or four seconds before it's even close to you or you get hit.

Other than that, the javelin type that gets revived the most without fail every time is the Interceptor.  On GM1, too many act like they are melee superheroes just because Hard was easy, and they keep dying repeatedly.  It's even worse when you do the Tyrant Mine, because on the platform section, instead of staying with the rest of the group, they feel the need to "help out" by trying to solo bugs at the bottom of the ramp.  Meanwhile, by the time they finish ONE off with melee, the top has taken out 4-6.

Storms do not have a problem in GM1 at all.  The real problem is the entry fee to actually comfortably play in it.  The loot drop rate is abysmal right now, and you need at least 1 MW component, if not two or three before you can take more than two hits to your shields.  Playing on Hard is an exercise in futility since the chance to get a MW component outside of Legendary contracts is so low and you basically need to be doing the Legendary contracts in GM1 to even do GM1.  Catch 22.  Prior to the GM3 chest farming fix, you could easily get what you needed in a few hours to enter GM1 safely.  Now you basically have to leech off of others for your first three GM1 Legendary runs.

Message 75 of 100 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You can hardmode just by being level 30.  Power level doesn't really matter for gm, only masterwork components matter.  I generally like running 2 mw components and have plus shield % or 3 mw components. (I double up on components with epic versions for more dmg or use general epic components that can get huge damage rolls and are easy to craft). 

Message 76 of 100 (447 Views)

★ Apprentice

GM1 Storm just requires you actually play the class as a "glass cannon". No other mode requires the extensive use of cover, shield wall etc... etc... it can be done with all 36 lvl epics. Yes it is a challenge, but you soon gain a MW or two and it gets easy, then much easier, then boom it's like running a normal. I ran GM1 with all epics and 1 MW weapon that did nothing for my survival or elemental abilities. When I was epic'd at 420 I was doing GM1, although a challenge, Group up, find the other players in the area (Free play) and work together. Now that I cam up in the high 400's GM1 can get you in trouble if you play stupid, but having learned how to play it's a fun mix of play. 

Once your components go MW your shield and armor boost way up, and it's helpful but I have run 3 epics and 3 MW's because the boosts are what I wanted and still a good solid run. We are only a week in and people screaming for buffs, I say no. Leave it alone as it should not be so easy. If you feel Hard to GM1 is bad, wait for the GM1 to 2 bump... it's like you have no shield at all lol. I went to GM2 at 490 (although not fully optimized) and got destroyed, the NPCs HP's are insane. 

Message 77 of 100 (390 Views)

★ Apprentice
As an adder... if your on PC and looking for a partner I'm happy to run with anyone in freeroam. I play regularly during the evening and sometimes during the day time.
Message 78 of 100 (389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Your right Storms need a real boost in survivability. We are more glass then cannon. 

Message 79 of 100 (330 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We are more glass then cannon thou. It any elite high us we explode. If Tyrant webs a storm it is an instant ok. Storms have a zero life span in grandmaster 1. 

Message 80 of 100 (330 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help