Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

by Sekta137

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

My storm is 485 and there have been a few GM1 games I jumped into and would question what happened after I was dropped before I could react. Its funny because the storm is suppose to be modeled after the dominion's suit and our shields drop faster and take longer to recharge. However, I do tend to be the last survivor most of the time unless I get that random scar spawning behind me or bullets going through cover.  It is also odd but it feels like outlaws cause more damage then the dominion.

Message 91 of 98 (1,607 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

So i was looking at this thread a few days ago when i wasn't 30 and doing GM1 yet and thinking damn this is gonna suck....but then was highly confused when i entered GM1 around 430 and monsters didn't seem that bad i was taking atleast 5-10hits depending on basic or stronger monsters before i was going down. I don't call that too wild considering i was just 30 and only had epic gear.

The leap to MW is insane though. I ran 3 legendary contracts today and while they weren't the best ones to get i did equip the 3 of them to boost my survivability and now i rarely die as a 566 Storm as i can take heaps of hits even 2-3 sniper shots before i drop. Storm is definitely a power house late game just had my fastest kill on Tyrant in a 2 Storm 1 Interceptor and 1 Ranger party we dropped it in like 10 seconds was insane.

If i could point out its not that difficult to acquire MW components as you get up to 3 a day and the missions are not that hard and you can just stay in the back line "getting carried" the first couple. Even if they aren't great the armor and shield they give is such a boost to start you off in GM1 its worth just chucking them on to survive and still do decent dmg till you eventually find the ones you want.

Message 92 of 98 (1,569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree the scaling with storm is off. My ranger and interceptor are both epic level my storm and colossus is around 700 mark. On G1 with my colossus i can pretty much just stand in anything and not die. Unless its the boss i dont even flinch. Not to mention his 1 button heal full health best defense. My ranger and interceptor having 150 gear score lower can take way more hits tha  my storm. To say ya but hes a glass cannon jsut no. I can kill just as fast on my colossus as i can on my storm. I dont know if its a bug but ive been 1 shot quite a few times on my storm its annoying. I run Gm2 solo on freeplay and run gm2 strongholds and farm gm1 stronghold for loot occasionally. If there gonna be class cannons there dam needs to be a damage increased. They literally get something nerfed every patch and their components hanvt been right since day 1 most bugged or not scaling correctly. And when your hovering and your whole team is behind a rock guess who gets targeted. Love the storm but its work compared to the other classes. Part of the reason i geared my colossus so when i just want to veg out i can. Im not saying they should be tanks they just need to be  scaled better with the ranger and interceptor. Maybe not as strong but nothing should 1 shot you except a boss thats just *. 1 shot mechanics are fun but everything they do shouldn't take full shield and health.

Message 93 of 98 (1,537 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
My interceptor isnt nearly as geared as my storm and ive NEVER been 1 shotted on it. Not to mention you have 2 components that heal. Colossus you can stand in anything i play gm2 on my colossus and just wreck. And their best defense can FULL HEAL from 1 button. And while your whole team takes cover your airborne and guess what everything targets you because everyone else is behind rocks. And check storm has Been nerfed Every patch and most of the components have been broke or not worked since day 1
Message 94 of 98 (1,533 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Storm on GM1 is just fine. Actually, after the patch, I started to play GM2 because GM1 is so easy.. Storm survivability is just fine.
Message 95 of 98 (1,524 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
something isnt right could be a bug not sure but i get 1 shotted out of the blue. Full shield and armor then just dead instantly. Only happening on my storm. Like i said my other javelins have way less gear and this doesn't happen on them
Message 96 of 98 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my storm is broken , it went from many  health bars to just 6, sometimes 2 , sometimes 4 but mostly 6  - cant get hit at all -its epic and should be able to take a bit of damage  not so much about 1 shots but just cant stand in a fight at all , its weaker at level 30 than it was at level 29 - currently the only way to survive is hitting enemy's behind a wind wall - my other javs experienced the same bug but i was able to make new ones and their health came back

im using this broken storm on gm1 currently , not that i cant kill a titan by myself , its just painful to have to use a wind wall for every encounter ,

Message 97 of 98 (1,467 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Dracane-Altmeri wrote:

Storm is my main class and yes, it does need some buffs here and there. Not to survivability though.

It is supposed to be the light armor class. So survivability being low would be fine, if it had the damage to justify it. 

I'll give you this.

Unfortunately, Storm doesn't bring the pain either, it just is a pain. In my clan I have to go full defense gear and just be a priming machine for our Interceptor and Colossus to do the damage.

Message 98 of 98 (744 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help