Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Storms Survivability needs changed for Grandmaster 1+

by EA_Atic

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

You know that hard only drops weapons at masterwork. So no storm will survive starting grandmaster at 414 they literally have zero. 

Message 81 of 102 (603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Lol you out tank colossus javelins, you guys get so many buffs to damage and survival. Every storm component literally requires us to be in the air of maximum effect and you just have to hit someone. 

Message 82 of 102 (602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@nexodus1979 wrote:

We are more glass then cannon thou. It any elite high us we explode. If Tyrant webs a storm it is an instant ok. Storms have a zero life span in grandmaster 1. 

If Tyrant webs you, it's kinda your fault though. Its cast time is long enough for you to dash out.

That's the case for most hard-hitting stuff. You can dash out of Scar's snipers and turrets very easily.

Message 83 of 102 (602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try the same at 450+ and then near 500. World of difference. A Fury still got me, but where my random teammates die, I usually have come control over battlefield and rarely get shot. Titans are different, ofc, but they are supposed to be like that. I was killing them back in early levels with hide and seek techniques, so now they have their revenge. I'm more concerned with my damage output, even non-stop use of abilities leaves a lot to be desired, and I use fast gear. Those 10+ seconds skills? Meh, what do I do the next 9/10s of the time? Standard smile

Message 84 of 102 (525 Views)

★ Apprentice
As an update since my original post, I'm fully masterwork with a couple legendaries. It feels much better obviously, but my point to begin with was seeing as how 1 masterwork gives more shields and armor than all 6 purple components combined, thats the first issue. The second issue is it started feeling acceptable with 2 masterwork components, 1 being the 35% resists. So having more than 12 times the armor and shields is feeling acceptable, clearly theres an issue with the ramp up in armor and shields. You go from having this many armor shields, you get 1 component, and you get 6 times the the survivability? Thats nuts and not an ok ramp up.
Message 85 of 102 (500 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I'm playing GM1 with friends. We played a whole lot of strongholds on GM1, we all are equiped with masterwork level javelins and we are doing these strongholgs just fine.

On GM1 I can go on freeplay and do the easier world events solo. You are probably playing too close to the gun fire. Try hover higher, find yourself a wall or structure to hover behind when you need cover, etc..

Get a few masterworks components (great boost on armor and shield) and you will notice the huge difference they make on your storm.
Message 86 of 102 (496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Fact there no pint of balance if you can’t stay on your feet

Message 87 of 102 (494 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree, the storm to me seems like a bullet sponge most of the time especially on GM1 and above.  My Storm is currently epic at 470 and I am getting down quick. I understand the storm great defense but come on but it seems like they have none at all! Evan when I am floating one hit form an sniper or even rogue storms(enemies) they are able to damage my shields quicker and I do not recover quick at all. Compared to the enemy storm who shields are stronger and comes back quicker than mine. 

On a side note the wind wall(storm) and the bulwark point(ranger) are completely useless. You put these up and they are destroyed almost instantly in one shot. Like some defense please!!!!

An what is the point of the quicken field of the storm???? Is this not a defense while floating? My shield are supposed to be stronger(correct) while hovering right as a storm??

Message 88 of 102 (484 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@dagamestress wrote:

I agree, the storm to me seems like a bullet sponge most of the time especially on GM1 and above.  My Storm is currently epic at 470 and I am getting down quick. I understand the storm great defense but come on but it seems like they have none at all! Evan when I am floating one hit form an sniper or even rogue storms(enemies) they are able to damage my shields quicker and I do not recover quick at all. Compared to the enemy storm who shields are stronger and comes back quicker than mine. 

Sorry but you're doing something wrong if you're being one-shot or not far at 470 in GM1. Honestly you should have way enough tankiness to take a lot of shots before having to hide if you happen to be low health.

Unless you're targetted by 4 turrets + snipers in Temple of Scar or Tyrant's mine part 2, you should never get destroyed that quickly.

Message 89 of 102 (454 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

A few tips from my self in GM1+ content.  

• Use your range, a storm has a massive long range and you can hover really far away from the action so the mods have to run to you.
  • Use Freezing ability for CC and do combos, you can "easy" nuke while the mobs are frozen. 
  • Use line of sight if you're in close quarters, very easy to abuse that. 
  • Get a good mix of spells that do good vs shields and armour, you can use guns to set up combos, don't forget that. 

/Atic 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP. High five 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 90 of 102 (451 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help