Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Storm and Blast dmg

by Sanorye

Original Post

Storm and Blast dmg

★★★★★ Novice

Many components i got for my storm starting to show Blast Dmg. Is it a very good stat and i should go for it? or I should go elemental dmg? so confused ^^

001.jpg

Message 1 of 16 (2,602 Views)

Re: Storm and Blast dmg

★★★★ Novice
Paired good with Devastator, if you can detonate the acid and charge shot a round it might be a nice explosive damage. Test it!
Message 2 of 16 (2,537 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I watched a Youtube video and the guy said blast damage boosts your AOE damage.
Message 3 of 16 (2,481 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That stat is effectively useless.  It affects weapon blast damage.  This means blast damage from weapons ie. Grenade Lauchers, devastator blasts etc.  However there is a Cog next to the stat meaning this stat only effects the piece of gear that it is on.  Since Venomous Blaze is gear and not a weapon it receives effectively no bonus.  

Message 4 of 16 (2,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Impact is single target damage and blast is aoe damage.  Doesn't matter if it's weapon/ability/element/physical. For example, the mw sparkbeam on the ranger is impact damage but it's 3 hit explosion is blast damage (I did quite a bit of testing on the ranger). Spark beam is a fire ability. The rifle that 3 headshots into a fire explosion's fire explosion scales with blast damage.  

But the image you posted has a gear looking symbol (only effects item) instead of a javelin symbol (global modifier) by the trait so you'll get no benefit from plus weap blast damage since it's a gear item and not a weapon. 

Message 5 of 16 (2,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is one of the mechanics in game that confuses me. Storm has a "Blast Seal" slot. But if I'm reading this thread correctly, just because it is in the Blast Seal spot, it doesn't mean it does blast damage?

My "Ice Storm" Seal says it causes "icy explosions" so is that counted as blast?  

Also instead of a new thread I'm gonna ask here:

Both pictures are basically an Epic and a MW. The MW says Increases blast damage by 35%. The Chaos Core says it increases blast damage by 35% of base value. 

It can be read as "This is the same effect you can only use one" OR... "One will increase your blast damage by 35% of base value and the other will increase THAT total by 35%"

Wishful thinking?

***Edit: Just realized the gear specifies blast damage in the item stats just like it does for fire ice or lightning.

Message 6 of 16 (2,279 Views)

Message 7 of 16 (2,278 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I think its useless cause it says weap = for weapons only not seal and its gear lock
Message 8 of 16 (2,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

I removed the salutation of the post as it's incorrect, while it was before we made the blog post on what all stats do in the game. 

This is what weapon blast damage does: 

image.png

List of what all the stats do: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthem/news/inscriptions-in-anthem

/Atic 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP. High five 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 16 (2,069 Views)

★★ Novice

I love anything fire Wink

Message 10 of 16 (2,056 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help