Storm (transparent background) by MuHut

Abilities:

Ice Storm - Primes on Last Hit

Burning Orb - Detonator when Charged

Quickening Field

Combo Trigger Amount:

Frequentally

Melee:

Effective at triggering Freeze Primed Targets but the damage is minimal and you are a Storm. Remain Airbourne where possible.

Weapons:

Take something that can drop shield quickly so you can Prime you enemy. Recommend Mid to long range as your main focus is to ABC - Always Be Casting. Prime and Det - Repeat.

Abilities:

Ice Storm has a wide Area of Effect (AOE) and hits 6 times. On the 6th hit you will Freeze Prime anything on the business end of your crosshairs. Ice Storm is not as effective against shielded targets so do bear that in mind. Either use a Charged Burning Orb to do some damage first or pepper the enemy with your weapons. Once their shields are down you can Ice Storm > Prime > Burning Orb > Detonate > and spread the Freeze effect to all nearby enemies. Then you clean up with more Burning Orbs!

Burning Orb functions in two ways. It has 5 charges to use when fully cooled down. If you tap the ability button you will fire a small orb. If you hold down the button you will charge up the Burning Orb. On button Release you will throw a small Sun at your enemy and if they have been Primed you will Detonate the Combo and spread the Primed effect in an AOE. If they were frozen you will freeze all. If they were poisoned you will poison all etc.

ABC or Always Be Casting is key for this build to get MAX Damage per Second (DPS).

Combo Trigger Amount:

This is a very combo intensive build! Which works great with the Storm and being able to get your Ultimate (ULT) back quickly. You will not be spamming out your ULT all the time but you will definitely notice that you have you ULT ready and you spam your Combo DETS.

Melee:

You are the Storm. Stay airborne! (IT RHYMES!) But if you find yourself on the ground or overheated without flight capabilities, Freeze your enemy and melee to do a small combo explosion. It's not ideal but in a pinch can freeze a group of enemies, crowd controlling them and buying you time to run.

Weapons:

Entirely subjective and up to your playstyle. As you can have an almost 100% uptime on both abilities you will only rely on weapons to hit weak points or drop shields. Soon as enemy is exposed use your abilities to DET some combos! I ran with the Devastor (pre-nerf) and Relentless Light-Machine Gun.

Verdict:

Having tested this Build vigorously during the VIP Demo and Open Demo on Hard difficulty I rate it a 7/10.

It has a solid amount of outbound damage but until higher item levels (iLvLs) it will not pack as much of a punch as other builds!

Anthem Javelins by MuHut

Gifs By  MuHut on Deviantart xD

Check out the Video above for gameplay of the build.

If this guide helped you I'm immeasurably gratified! Happy gaming!
If you have any Feedback please post below :D

Message 1 of 10 (4,601 Views)

Re: Storm Best Builds FEB/MAR 2019

★ Guide

Comical "Having tested this Build vigorously during the VIP Demo and Open Demo"

I'm guessing you're excited?

Message 2 of 10 (4,583 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You sure you are talking about Ice Storm? Because it has 3 Charges.
Message 3 of 10 (4,406 Views)

★★ Guide

@Sefer4242 wrote:

It may have changed between the VIP demos and pre-release...

but i mean: https://anthem.gamepedia.com/Storm

• Ice Storm: Creates a field of ice that deals damage, rapidly building to a final explosion of frost.

As a PS4 player i cant get into game until 22 to post a screen shot of what i mean.

Message 4 of 10 (4,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They have changed ice blast. It functions the same as flame blast with a targeted AOE and has 3 charges. Can freeze targets in one blast but on elietes and tougher enemies I rarely see freeze even after all 3 charges. 

Message 5 of 10 (4,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the build. Any tips on components?

Message 6 of 10 (3,836 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Err...I melee all the time as a Storm. It’s devastating when you prime enemies with Frost Shards...

Message 7 of 10 (3,712 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Sefer4242 wrote:

Possibly one that has +100% charges affix on it. Would make it have 6 charges then.

I have another legendary power that has +200% charges, turning a 1 charge power into a 3 charge power.

Message 8 of 10 (3,489 Views)

★★★★ Novice
[quote]Possibly one that has +100% charges affix on it. Would make it have 6 charges then.
I have another legendary power that has +200% charges, turning a 1 charge power into a 3 charge power.[/quote]

whats it called?
Message 9 of 10 (3,454 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

+charges% is a random inscription.  Can appear on any seal

Message 10 of 10 (975 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help