Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Ridiclous in GM3

by KABOOM-Ugone

Original Post

Ridiclous in GM3

★★★★ Apprentice

I am serioisly loosing hope here.

I have 732 PL.  

I use gear that gives a shield total of +90% Max+ softened blows (increase shield by large amount) + the epic shield consumable. 

I have armor based on +60% max from weapon + vanguards token(+25% armor) + epic armor consumable.

I have mark of clarity with 35% elemental damage resistance. 

With this I literally cant fly anywhere in GM3. Im shot down in an blink of an eye. 

This surely cant be right? Right?

If Storm-jav is supposed to be that squishy why even bother to have defense stats at all? 

Message 1 of 5 (585 Views)

Re: Ridiclous in GM3

★★ Guide

First, GM3 is very hard.  It's suppose to be played by a well synergized group of people, or at lest one pal so you can use the buddy system.

My PL is 662, I have a shields +80 and armor +50, and all my components are storm components but 1.  I take an epic shield consumable, and an epic armor consumable, and sometimes double up.  I dont get one shot that often.  Sometimes A sniper gets me, sometimes a turret, sometimes a missile.  I even fought the scar tank in the Scar Strong hold, and though it did copious amounts of damage to me, it never out right one shot me.  You must hover as a Storm, you must dodge as a storm, and doge often, you must use cover even when hovering.  You must prioritize certain targets, and impress those priorities on other people (scouts, turrets, missiles).

I dont think the Mark of Clarity is that useful.  I dont notice taking less elemental damage when I have it on.  Most enemies are dealing impact damage anyway.  The creatures that do elemental damage do so much of it that a 35% reduction would hardly be noticeable.

Softened blows is crap.  There has been some discussion about it, and people cant even be sure it works; it might be bugged.  If your shields run out your probably about to be dead anyway, so the damage reduction isnt that impressive.  Javelin specific components are usually better because they add more shields/armor than universal components.  As a storm you should focus on increasing shields as much as possible.  The storm has the best shields in the game, and the worst or second worst armor, so increasing armor is never going to give you as much return as increasing shields.

Message 2 of 5 (515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

honestly I believe that GM3 will have more of a place for all javelins with the release of acts 1,2,3 and so on with future content. I know it's in the game right now but it's my personal belief that it was intended to become easier as new items are introduced to the game at later dates.

Message 3 of 5 (483 Views)

★★ Guide

@kilgorin1982 wrote:

honestly I believe that GM3 will have more of a place for all javelins with the release of acts 1,2,3 and so on with future content. I know it's in the game right now but it's my personal belief that it was intended to become easier as new items are introduced to the game at later dates.

I agree.  I'm sure there will be more GM's as the game goes on, like Diablo 3 continued to add difficulties.

Message 4 of 5 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

the problem with Storm now and foreseeable future is A. the hit box is the size of an elephant B. enemies all have sniper level accuracy and virtually never miss. 

that said, we basically take damage at all times regardless of our battlefield position often including behind supposed cover

it needs to be addressed but honestly who thinks it ever will given the state of the game.

Message 5 of 5 (229 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help