Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Physical Damage +% Increase

by Asethe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Physical Damage +% Increase

★★★★ Novice

Ok so the web wiki on this is "Physical +% Damage – increases the damage of all non-elemental attacks". So if I have a shotgun that increases physical damage by 200% which damages am I increasing exactly? I'm having a rough time sorting this stat out. 

This should be obvious but with other inscriptions on gear like the 30% to guns it makes me think that say bullets aren't physical. I would consider say colossus or interceptor melee but then does physical affect all melee because storm melee looks like a flame burst from the hands that makes me think elemental.

So bottom line question what are all the damage types that physical damage on gear increases exactly? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2 (208 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

There are two basic types of damage, Physical and Elemental.  Guns and Acid are Physical types, Fire, Cold, and Electricity are Elemental types.  

Most (or all) +x% Physical damage on guns only effect the gun and their Physical secondary procs (such as Acid from the new component for shotguns). 

The material difference between +Weapon% and +Physical% on a gun is +Weapon also effects Elemental procs from the gun (MW assault rifle with fire, MW marksman rifle with lightning are the two examples that pop to mind) as well as any Physical procs, wheras +Physical as a property will only benefit weapon procs that cause non-Elemental blasts (MW 4shot assault rifle proc as an example, or the blast from any grenade launcher) or Acid. 

Edit:  If you want to know what type of damage something is causing, look at the damage number colours.  White is straight physical, green acid, blue ice, orange fire, purple electricity.  Ranger and Storm melee are Elemental (Fire and Electricity), Inty and Colossus are Physical

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (193 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

There are two basic types of damage, Physical and Elemental.  Guns and Acid are Physical types, Fire, Cold, and Electricity are Elemental types.  

Most (or all) +x% Physical damage on guns only effect the gun and their Physical secondary procs (such as Acid from the new component for shotguns). 

The material difference between +Weapon% and +Physical% on a gun is +Weapon also effects Elemental procs from the gun (MW assault rifle with fire, MW marksman rifle with lightning are the two examples that pop to mind) as well as any Physical procs, wheras +Physical as a property will only benefit weapon procs that cause non-Elemental blasts (MW 4shot assault rifle proc as an example, or the blast from any grenade launcher) or Acid. 

Edit:  If you want to know what type of damage something is causing, look at the damage number colours.  White is straight physical, green acid, blue ice, orange fire, purple electricity.  Ranger and Storm melee are Elemental (Fire and Electricity), Inty and Colossus are Physical

Message 2 of 2 (194 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help