Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Any tips for fighting titans?

by CasePB

Original Post

Any tips for fighting titans?

★★★★ Novice

So fighting titans as a storm has been extremely tough for me.  As a ranger it was no problem, it takes maybe a couple mins.  But as a storm it takes over 5 mins.  It seems like all storm abilities don't do jack to titans and I have to solely rely on my guns for the main damage output.  I must be doing something very wrong because it shouldn't take this long to kill them right?  I've been using Ice Storm and Burning Orb for abilities and I never once see them crit even when I'm aiming for the weak spots.  Are these abilities terrible for fighting titans or something?  Or can you not get criticals on titans as the storm? 

Message 1 of 16 (1,403 Views)

Re: Any tips for fighting titans?

★★★★ Novice

Burning Orbs masterwork build that lets u stack the damage. Hover>Dodge>Fireballs>Dodge. From my own experience Storms have it easy becase you can stay in the air for the entire fight.

Message 2 of 16 (1,366 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep I was going to say for storm you can hover so you wont get there AOE attack. And aim for their hand with your guns when they glow. Have not got the chance to play the game yet been stuck at work but on the demo with my Colossus my flame thrower and electric arc would not do damage so I would have to shoot my grenade launcher at them.

Message 3 of 16 (1,360 Views)

★★ Novice
charged shots on the arms when they light up, sniper shots to the back when it opens.
Message 4 of 16 (1,325 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually was having a hard time with a Titan in free play, and I kept getting blasted out of the sky. So I brought my best friend over there in his Colossus and we both died twice but eventually beat him after someone random player jumped in at the end of the battle. But I noticed Titans also have weak points on their legs at some point, although I'm not quite sure if it is the entire time or when he is at a certain amount of health as that was the only time I'd beaten him so I will need to fight him again to confirm it. But Storms abilities mostly affect enemies with shields (the blue bars) as Frost damage deals 30% to shields while Lightning damage deals 50% to shields. So you need Acid and Fire for enemies with high armor ( the yellow bar).

Message 5 of 16 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@jamman70508 wrote:

Yep I was going to say for storm you can hover so you wont get there AOE attack. And aim for their hand with your guns when they glow. Have not got the chance to play the game yet been stuck at work but on the demo with my Colossus my flame thrower and electric arc would not do damage so I would have to shoot my grenade launcher at them.

I want to know what I'm doing wrong, because their big fireballs are unable to be dodged most the time. The ones that fly at you. Usually stuck on ground unable to fly. Rangers little sidestep seems to dodge them all the time, but Storm...

Message 6 of 16 (1,261 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Navystylz wrote:

I want to know what I'm doing wrong, because their big fireballs are unable to be dodged most the time. The ones that fly at you. Usually stuck on ground unable to fly. Rangers little sidestep seems to dodge them all the time, but Storm...

Use terrain to block the fireballs. Dodging them is too unreliable. Also be moving all the time (move side to side while hovering)  to avoid those fire bubbles they spawn right next to you, trying to dodge them after you notice them is also unreliable.

keep moving: make the trees / rocks / giant mushrooms eat the tracking fireballs. shoot the weak points (glowing hands / back) in the very very small windows of opportunity you have. Do not stay scoped in on sniper rifles or you won't see the spawned fire-bubbles until you are overheated and crashing.

or... just play a colossus.

Storm: "incoming!!!" *dodge* "ow. f-- aaahhh it burns!"

Colossus: *holds up shield* - *THUNK* - *Keeps shooting*.

Seriously. on my colossus I can just absorb everything with the shield. Fire bubble pops up next to me: raise shield and turn slightly. Waves of fire coming at me: raise shield and block them. Tracking fireball coming towards me? block it with shield. Easy Peasey Titan Squeezy.

Message 7 of 16 (1,240 Views)

★★★★ Novice
"Storm: "incoming!!!" *dodge* "ow. f-- aaahhh it burns!"

Colossus: *holds up shield* - *THUNK* - *Keeps shooting*."
I play both and this is so true! Thumbs up for making me laugh out loud.
Message 8 of 16 (1,212 Views)

★★ Novice
Spoiler

I love my fire!!!

Message 9 of 16 (978 Views)

★★ Novice

Got me a epic sniper rifle 

love hover shoot hide lol 

Message 10 of 16 (977 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help