Re: will there they ever make another spore game?

by t60g3dsu9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

will there they ever make another spore game?

★★★★ Novice

I guess it dosen't exactly have to be a spore 2 but some kind of side branch like they did with the other games. Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (2,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @135798q 

Good to see some hardcore Spore fans over here. This game was so innovative and cool, maybe even a bit "ahead of it`s time" innovative.  Amount of different and insane creatures you can create is impressive. Some modern games took a lot of inspiration from Spore.

But as for the direct sequel, I got no news for you here. Maybe one day, if someone comes up with a great and worthy idea....

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,573 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @135798q 

Good to see some hardcore Spore fans over here. This game was so innovative and cool, maybe even a bit "ahead of it`s time" innovative.  Amount of different and insane creatures you can create is impressive. Some modern games took a lot of inspiration from Spore.

But as for the direct sequel, I got no news for you here. Maybe one day, if someone comes up with a great and worthy idea....

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im so sorry that it took me awhile to reply to this but i agree. Maybe one day....

Message 3 of 5 (1,952 Views)

★ Novice

well, i have lots of great ideas for a sequel to spore. getting back to the aquatic stage and the plant creator would be a nice start. those things never made it into the original game. beyond that, there are many aspects of astrobiology that were not addressed in the original. for example, what if you run across a silicon based biosphere? carnivorous plants? intelligent fungi? also, the cell stage could gradually become the aquatic stage, without a clear break in between. and then the creature stage does not have to exclusively take place on land. then the creature creating and changing aspects of the creature stage could continue through the rest of the game, at least some of them. you could even evolve to have villages and then cities under water. in the space stage, the grox are at the center of the galaxy, but maybe there could also be vastly superior godlike alien empires out at the tip of each arm of the galaxy. if and when you find earth, like in the original spore, there should actually be humans on it. if you use a monolith to evolve those humans to the space stage, they should be a bunch of arrogant *. etc. etc.

Message 4 of 5 (1,678 Views)

★ Apprentice

This might be the closest we get. It's not EA, I think it's an indie dev.

https://wauzmons.itch.io/elysian-eclipse
https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysianEclipse/

Message 5 of 5 (605 Views)