why does spore keep closing its self

by Sartan51124

Original Post

why does spore keep closing its self

★★★★★ Newbie

I have just bought the Spore Bundle and i am very disappointed, my game never works properly, it always crashes and loses all my progress each time it crashes. It's been annoying me for about 30 mins. I would appreciate if someone could help me on this.

Message 1 of 7 (6,687 Views)

Re: why does spore keep closing its self

★★★ Novice

I know this is an old game, but I'd love to play it. However it crashes constantly. All of the suggestions that have worked in the past say that you should "Delete your graphics cache." The directions to do so are supposedly at this link: https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/4721.page 

Sadly this link is no longer active, and there are no other directions on how to delete the games graphics cache online.

I did find the graphics cache limit within the game setting itself, however this doesn't seem to make any change to the crashing issue. 

I have checked the game files, the settings within the game itself, and countless online articles/resources/forums/etc. 

Please help us fix this. Frown

Message 2 of 7 (6,617 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, can someone from somewhere help us?

Message 3 of 7 (6,582 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Sartan51124 

No, that's not entirely correct , what you say.

Surely there is guide here, just look into FAQ .

There is exactly what you have to do. I'll write it here again.

Go under> PC C / Username / AppDate / Roaming / Spore
If you do not see the folder, you have to change the admin setting first

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

@Fernandoakioki 

Hope this will helps!

Cya

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 4 of 7 (6,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I've had this probleme multiple times already and I can't play spore anymore. The thing is I followed every instructions and even watched other tutorials about deleting this file to make your game work. Unfortunatly it doesn't work for me. My game keep crashing after 30 seconds and I didn't found another working way yet. Is there a way I can finally play?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7 (3,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Bro, I have hidden files showing activated but I can't find a folder called Cache.package (Edit: the GraphicsCache.package file comes back when I run Spore)

Message 6 of 7 (2,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sartan51124 @EA please sort this out. I have a new computer and this was the first game I installed but crashed in about 30 minutes. Really considering blowing ea off and going over to steam. Seem to have issues with games on ea lately
Message 7 of 7 (318 Views)