Re: " Invalid name " while conecting

by CookieLeRookie

Original Post

" Invalid name " while conecting

★★★ Newbie

While connecting to spore, it says " invalid name" but when i connect to EA site or even the spore.com site. It works

Thank you for your help

( Sorry for bad English, there are no french topics to spore)

Message 1 of 5 (1,012 Views)

Hi @Shacrp 

Nope,  there are no French topics here.

Make sure you type the correct name and password.
This error message means that your game did not recognize the name under which it was registered

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 5 (985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I agree. However there are no way to change my name in game. And as i said, when i go to "spore.com" It recognize my mail and my password. So at the end there's still no answers but thank you anyways. I think it's better to wait someone working on EA to answers, as so, he may be able to solve the problem.

Message 3 of 5 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded the game today, I can login to Origin, EA, and spore.com; but I can't login to the actual game and start it up.

It makes me really sad because I bought the game reminiscing on the good ol' days, I don't want to have to refund it. 

(Purchased game on Steam)

Message 4 of 5 (869 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Shacrp I had the same problems but i think i find (I'm french too but i just send this in english for help others people)

You need to have a Spore account in addition to the EA account, don't click on the yellow button in high coren right if you did'nt create a Spore account

(But now i have a problem that makes me even more angry, i can't create a Spore account...)
Message 5 of 5 (617 Views)