Why can't i register my spore game on origin?

by r00tt00th

Original Post

Why can't i register my spore game on origin?

★★★ Newbie

I tried to register my spore game on origin however when i type in the serial code/numbers and i click 'Ok', origin doesn't register it, the screen just stays the same like i never even clicked 'Ok'.

please help me i love spore, its one of my top 10 favorite games and i really want to play it again, but i lost the disc and manual and i only have the disc case and the code.

thanks for reading this.

Message 1 of 4 (2,045 Views)

Re: Why can't i register my spore game on origin?

★★★ Newbie

me too

Message 2 of 4 (2,023 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Here, from Origin FAQ:

"2. GAMES RELEASED PRIOR TO 2008

If you have an older game title, such as The Sims 2, Spore, or any other titles released before 2008, you may need to redeem the code through this website*: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

1. Login with your EA account
  2. Enter the code in the box above.
  3. Click Sign In to redeem the code.
  • It may ask you to link or create a new persona. If the code is still coming up invalid, please contact us and we can assist you further.

Note: You may need to go back to options and click on "Refresh My Games" before the game will show up in Origin. If this does not make the game show in your "My Games" section, please log out and log back in to Origin.

2.1 Exceptions to this method of redemption
*Certain games released before 2008 will not be able to be registered this way.

• Crysis (+ Crysis - Warhead) 
  • Battlefield 2 
  • Battlefield 2142 
  • Spore 
  • The Sims 2 
  • Command and Conquer 

In order to register these titles you will need to contact us. One of our Game Advisors will redeem the game code for you."

https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin

Message 3 of 4 (2,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i would like to register my copy of spore that i bought with a disc i would like it on my origin account

Message 4 of 4 (1,678 Views)