Re: The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy and Cute on STEAM

by tomahawk640

Original Post

The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy and Cute on STEAM

★★★ Newbie

I bought this game with the Creepy and Cute expansions a little while ago on steam.  Only just tried playing it today.  Had to make a few adjustsments in regedit to get it to start, but now I get to the title screen and get this error when I try to register. "The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated".  I was never prompted for any keys.  Can I just not register it since I got it from STEAM?

Message 1 of 20 (25,001 Views)

Re: The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy and Cute on STEAM

★★★★ Expert

CLICK on the link for Help

https://help.ea.com/article/account-creation-or-login-issues

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM

Message 2 of 20 (24,747 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I saw that page before I posted the question.  Unfortunately my case doesn't apply to it.  As I said, I have just installed the game using STEAM.  I have never played/installed/registered/whatever this game before.  So no previous accounts for it exist.  It did not prompt me for a key nor was I provided with one.

Message 3 of 20 (24,744 Views)

Re: The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy an

★★★ Newbie

Have you been able to fix this issue yet?

Message 4 of 20 (23,381 Views)

Re: The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy an

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue. Bought Spore & Spore Creepy and Cute Parts on Steam but can't register.

Message 5 of 20 (23,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me 2, need fix

Message 6 of 20 (23,089 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here, please respond EA.

Message 7 of 20 (23,080 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are not phromted any you have to right click the game in your library.

Message 8 of 20 (22,982 Views)

★ Novice

Right click on spore in the library and click on CD Key, thats the key, but I don't see where to register it.

Message 9 of 20 (22,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I contacted EA through their chat service and they fixed everything. I would do the same.

Support

Message 10 of 20 (22,851 Views)