Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by Kyle_Necrowolf

Original Post

Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

★★★ Newbie

im getting the "cant connect to spore servers, you might be offline" thing, what can i do?

Message 161 of 232 (1,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I connected both my EA and Steam accounts, I believe I have the ability to log in to Spore through this but I just bought Spore a few days ago. When I tried to log into the game, it says "offline or unable to connect to servers". Should I contact EA support and get a key added to my Origin account so I can play or is this its own separate issue? I have a Spore account that's 10 years old but unfortunately I lost all access to it Frown

Message 162 of 232 (1,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I contacted origin help re this issue and they ended up adding spore to my origin account - however I am still unable to create an account on the spore servers and have no idea why. This issue is getting really frustrating

Message 163 of 232 (1,762 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Fammen720 the reason they did this is because the spiffing brit was able to exploit the cd keys and got free games
Message 164 of 232 (1,732 Views)

★★ Novice

Would have loved to be able to login so i could download other people creations... Oh well

Message 165 of 232 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Kyle_Necrowolf just got unlucky Frown just bought the game yesterday on steam not knowing there is an existing issue like this.
Message 166 of 232 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just bought spore for my daughter and haven't been able to play then after hours of troubleshooting i come across this maybe something should be posted on steam telling people hey our * don't work

Message 167 of 232 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Lucky [to whoever got it to work]! I got it to work with Origin, but when it comes to logging in, I keep getting told the game doesn't have any servers, so I can't login or register.

Message 168 of 232 (1,203 Views)

★ Novice
@Kyle_Necrowolf the problem is that EA in 90% of the cases in which they have this type of problem with old games, they practically abandon them, the game does not receive more updates. that's the problem, which most likely means that... Spore support has ended, I mean online mode, probably support has been removed as well.
Message 169 of 232 (935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I’m in the same position. Bought Spore & all DLC via Steam in 2018. I don’t fully remember why I couldn’t tie my game to Origin aside from it being buggy & always crap out on me. Been trying to see if EA Help would take my proof of receipts from Steam & just add the game to my EA acct like they have for others, but I’ve had 4 different EA Help Agents ignore what I’ve submitted following their own documentation on what to do for submitting my receipts & act like I haven’t done anything by sending me the same email over & over again linking the help docs for loading up my receipts. They’re just giving me the run around & it’s really frustrating that they will screw customers like this.

Message 170 of 232 (1,876 Views)