Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by Xovyr_Xov

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Latest: I actually put in a request through their system, instead of doing a chat. Attached screenshots of purchase again. 2 days later I get 2 different replies. One from someone telling me that they want to help me and to try the EA app (mind you, my original request specifically said that I bought the game on Steam, not through EA,  and it wasn't working). The other is just from someone saying that they hoped that I was happy with the service I had gotten on this ticket. You're kidding me, right? I sent something back asking if their support team even bothers to look at the support ticket because if so, they would know that nobody has even contacted me. Now, it has been another day with no response from them to my response. This is literally the worst customer service experience I've ever had, and over a $10 purchase. I ended up realizing that I can play Spore through my Game Pass Ultimate but it doesn't have the extra two parts to the game. It really floors me that their support could be this bad without someone higher up realizing it. If I knew of somewhere to send a complaint, I most definitely would.

Message 181 of 229 (1,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So i have same issue and 2 games on steam and EA. But issue isn´t in a game, its cuz spore.com literally dead. We cant made new account to spore.com "data library". I mean if your new and bought a game just now even on EA, you cant log in cuz spore.com dont have "servers" "connections" idk.  If they open again spore.com functionality with KEY  linking (you can get game key if you have it on EA app) then it will work. Or if they made some patch to game (yea right 2008 so never) so not even sayng. 

Upd. Or if support managers can made changes into this spore.com database and make it directly, but aint believe that...

Message 182 of 229 (1,357 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Kyle_Necrowolf Just finished a 2 hour long session of trying to use the EA help system. In the end i managed to get my game activated on EA. Thank you for all the info you provided here.
Message 183 of 229 (1,304 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

So bassicly I have to talk to EA support to log in to spore?

Message 184 of 229 (1,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Recently I have bought More Spore on Steam that includes Spore, Spore: Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, Spore: Galactic Adventures. I haven't received my CD-Keys and I am unable to register my account on Spore for online services. I tried to contact EA Support and selecting Missing CD-Key but it only sends me to Answers HQ even after multiple retries.

Message 185 of 229 (1,159 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Kyle_Necrowolf The easy way would be for EA to realize that it's an older game and just transfer those people on steam across, if they need validation of the sale - let steam provide it. My steam account is linked to my origin account - it makes no difference.
Message 186 of 229 (970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is currently 2023, and I do not expect to hear back from this, but I bought this game through Steam, emailed EA about it, and they basically told me that the screenshot I provided (which was perfect according to the example they provided on the website) was invalid. So I give up, I'm going to pirate the games if  I absolutely have to, but this is friggin ridiculous. 

Message 187 of 229 (929 Views)

★★★ Guide

Part of the issue is that Spore is a really old game that back in the day required CD-Key's to function and authenticate. This is something you just don't see anymore with modern titles. One of my suggestions to Bazajaytee was when the servers went down for months in 2017 was to revamp this legacy system but unfortunately nothing ever happened. To be honest it's quite incredible the servers even returned.

The Steam version of Spore absolutely needs to have a warning attached to it that clearly shows online functionality and modding support is severely broken in that version.

I haven't spoken to Bazajaytee in about a year, but I will try to query around regardless and see if this can be rectified.

Message 188 of 229 (872 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have mine on steam my dad bought it for me like 7 or 8 years ago. I don't have his email and even if I had it by now it would be lost

Message 189 of 229 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

seems like this is not fixed in 2023 Frown 

Message 190 of 229 (607 Views)