Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by Sh1nobb

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, didn't know about it and now I am sad, because it was bought for me as a gift

Message 171 of 232 (1,904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So not sure if anyone else is still battling their way through EA support with having issues on this, but I found a compromise when I fell into this same issue last night (IE bought from Steam and can't register). Due to the holiday it's currently on sale, so I just purchased the base game itself from the EA app for like $2. Logged in once through it to properly register, and then immediately logged in through the steam one and just had to log in to an existing account then. Yes, I realize it's not ideal to buy a 2nd copy of a game, but to me $2 was worth it to not have to deal with support after reading these stories.

Message 172 of 232 (1,731 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried to solve it with EA, they've done nothing. But simultaneously I was contacting Steam Support and, after some back and forth, they finally managed to give me the Serial Key (CD KEY what ever). I think I will make a topic later trying to explain the process...

Message 173 of 232 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too

Message 174 of 232 (1,520 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It took me two chats and about a half hour to get them to add the game to my EA account. At first they accused me of providing edited screenshots, even though I send them the email receipt, web receipt screenshot, and Recent Purchases screenshot which looked exactly like the example they have in the docs here: https://help.ea.com/in/help/account/how-to-provide-proof-of-purchase/

But now I can get in and play the game as intended.

Message 175 of 232 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still an issue in Jan 2023. Managed to get through a dreadful EA Support experience and they added the game to my EA Account so I can register and play online.

It blows my mind they allow this game to be sold on Steam without bothering to fix this simple issue. 

EA is utter trash.

Message 176 of 232 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't login either, which is really annoying.

Message 177 of 232 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where did you contact them?

Message 178 of 232 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sat on chat for 3 hours today. Sent them screenshots of my Steam purchase exactly as they requested and got nowhere except having three different people tell me my screenshots didn't look right (even though not one of them told me what was wrong with what i attached) and to open another case and send them again. I can't condone that kind of sh&tty service so I uninstalled and asked for a refund from Steam. I won't be buying anything from EA again.

Message 179 of 232 (631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just went through the same thing. I sent in the screen shots they asked from from Steam showing the receipt of purchase and the transaction history exactly as described on their proof of purchase page. I told them that I cannot give them the email confirmation because that email was from 5 years ago and it no longer exists - so, I added screenshots showing the game has never been returned, its still in my library, and asked if there was any other way I can prove I own this game and have since 2018 (technically 2010 but that CD and case is gone now). Nothing. They just telling my screenshots did not show them the correct information and they relinked the proof of purchase AND copy/pasted the Steam requirements (user name, date, price, blah blah)

I asked if they could confirm it was the email registration I was missing and the dude would not confirm. Just "try again with the complete screenshots" and relinked the site. So now I have to see if Steam will resend a 5 year old email to me to confirm. 

They're not there to help. They are there to read off a script and get you out of the help chat as quickly as possible.

Message 180 of 232 (1,130 Views)