Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by itsVonVoid

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@bAUeSTRADA I tried this and they told me the game was part of their sunset list. Meaning the game is not supported and they told me they could not help me in any way.
Message 81 of 232 (2,543 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought Spore through Steam. When I discovered that  I couldn't access the online features of the game, I attempted to purchase the game through Origin, which rejected my card for an unknown reason. Like, I seriously don't know why it declined my card, but it did.

From there, I posted on Reddit asking for help. Eventually, I landed on needing to contact EA help to get the issue resolved. I did so, got Spore put on my EA account directly, and still can't access the servers. When attempting to log in, it returns "An unknown error has occurred." I tried everything that I could find, even shutting off my firewall outright to see if it would let me create an account or log in, and nothing.

I went to Spore.com and hit "log in," and it put me directly into an account under my email (the same one that I use for EA). The game doesn't show as being owned by this account on Spore's website.

And seeing this makes me finally realize that, it's completely hopeless. This game was my childhood, and I got in the mood to play it again, only to be permanently locked out of anything related to the online game.

The only thing that I can think of to try and fix it at this point is to make a new EA account and ask my parents if they'll let me use their card to purchase the game in exchange for giving them the money. I doubt that anything else will work.

Message 82 of 232 (2,479 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Kyle_Necrowolf I went ahead and contacted EA support, to which they gave me a copy of Spore and the Creature Creator in my origin library, each with their very own product key, and I am still unable to register a new spore account/persona sadly. I wonder if there's anything I can do?
Message 83 of 232 (2,462 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Kprojectskurt So, when I was going to show proof, one of the things that I needed (The email) wasn't there. and now I'm stuck where in which I can only show the Purchase receipt.
Message 84 of 232 (2,412 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@pipythecat224  They also asked me for proof of my purchase, and it was by gping to https://help.steampowered.com/es-419/wizard/HelpWithPurchase and showing my purchase of Spore

Message 85 of 232 (2,402 Views)

★ Novice

I bought this game about five years ago and back then my steam was on an older email. One that is no longer available. This means that Steam KNOWS that I bought the game and so does EA, because my purchase history shows it on Steam. However, without the email confirmation receipt, EA will not give me the CD Key - Even when I have the screenshot of the Steam receipt. This means that Steam stole money from me by not giving me a CD key, rendering the game useless - and EA is refusing to resolve the issue to a KNOWN paying customer. Any advice? I doubt Steam would send another confirmation email, so there is 99.99o% chance I will never be able to play the game again and wasted money.

Message 86 of 232 (2,314 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ThePhunkyFeel Did you try checking your purchase through this site? There should be an option to see the receipt if you select your purchase. It's the exact same as the email.

Message 87 of 232 (2,787 Views)

PLEASE MAKE IT WORK

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought spore two years ago on steam, and i wanted to connect it to EA servers. First thing i tried was directly from steam, did not work so i contacted support, for CD key to origin, it did not work. I tried multiple times multiple things, but it did not work, so ive contacted EA support after two days i received new game on origin but IT ALSO CANNOT CONNECT TO EA SERVERS. Can someone tell me how the duck am i able to connect it? I have accound on spore.com it just in game dont work....

Message 88 of 232 (2,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I contacted EA support and they put the game on my Origin account, but I still can't access online features. I've tried on both steam and origin.

Message 89 of 232 (2,664 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same.

Got instructions to the usual cache cleanse and tried the login.prop
neither works and cannot use online features on neither origin or steam.

Please ping me if a fix is found

Message 90 of 232 (2,411 Views)