Re: Trouble making a new Spore account (I brought the game on Steam previously)

by Valisorno

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I got support to add Spore to my Origin account after sending them my Steam receipt, but when I try to register my account I get "An unknown error occurred during registration. Please try again." Support hasn't been able to help me figure out that part and I'm running out of ideas. Has anyone else figured out how to get past the unknown error?

Message 71 of 232 (2,479 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@voidhomu Literally going through the same issue. Bought through stream stumbled onto a steam guide and this page. Contacted EA, got them to add the game to my account. Added the packs to my EA account since tho still came with CD keys. Can't login to the servers at all.

Tried installing orgin launcher, booting apex from steam and logging into my EA acc but that didn't seem to link anything.

Tried uninstalling all versions of the game/packs from steam and launching via orgin, still can't login.
Message 72 of 232 (2,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@MeiOokamiThank your for the support. However, I don't see a "View CD Key" option when I right click on the game in the steam library, including in properties. Also, when I redeem the CD key from the physical copy in Origin, it says "This code has already been redeemed".

Message 73 of 232 (2,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Also, how do I contact EA's tech support? I went to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ and searched for Spore and selected "Steam" as the platform, "Manage my Account" as the topic, "Transfer between accounts" as the issue, and when I click "Select contact option", it seems to load forever until refresh the page, and when I refresh the page, I get this page:

Edit: It works now. I had to sign in to help.ea.com with my account.

Message 74 of 232 (2,417 Views)

Unable to launch Spore's Sever- Steam

★★★ Newbie

I bought spore from steam and i would like to login my ed acont in the game sever

Message 75 of 232 (2,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, I've been feeling impatient, and I feel like I'm spamming you, but I feel like I want a video tutorial on how to create a new Spore account without purchasing a new copy of the game. These steps are confusing as heck about the linking of the Origin, EA, and Steam accounts. Do I log into Origin using my Steam account, my first EA account, or my second EA account? (the second EA account is the one with the email that brought me to the "welcome" screen on Spore.)

Message 76 of 232 (2,397 Views)

★★ Novice

@Galactic54 

The CD keys are under manage section after right clicking on the game in your library list or on the right side of the game info page in steam.

The way they say to link the accounts didn't work for me either. The Tech got me to download apex legends on steam and sign into the origin account I wanted to link in the game. I deleted the game right after.  

The physical copy of spore I have had an "outdated" CD key and I got support to add it to my account manually. I guess they stopped tracking the physical keys or never did to begin with.

DXwLP.png

DXwLP.png

rant: Why are they even still selling it on steam, It shouldn't take 3 hours of tech support to play a game you just bought. /rant

Message 77 of 232 (2,723 Views)

Spore Login failed

★★★★ Novice

I’ve been trying to play spore and gain access to the online features for a week. The EA advisors are no help, the steps they’ve sent through email doesn’t work either. I feel I’ve tried everything, but nothing seems to work. If anyone was able to play online, could you point me in the right direction!! Thank you!!!

Message 78 of 232 (2,706 Views)

★ Apprentice
@voidhomu I have the same exact problem. This is really annoying lol
I tried everything at this point, but I can't log in at all.
Message 79 of 232 (2,692 Views)

Re: Spore Login failed

★★★★ Novice
Update: I’ve reached out to EA about issuing me a new CD code for Spore base game and he told me they’re not able to do that. Then proceeds to hang up in my face and emails me those steps that I’ve tried countless times. I believe there is no way to truly register your account in Spore at this moment.
Message 80 of 232 (2,624 Views)