Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by Kyle_Necrowolf

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

So i reached out to EA/Origin and they were very rude and unwilling to help. Referred me to this link: "https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam/"

Message 61 of 229 (2,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had spore for 8 years now i learned that you can acces online features today and it turns out ea blocked it. I am pretty sure they are gonna charge a fee to get the CD key.

Message 62 of 229 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you go about doing it?

Message 63 of 229 (2,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I was struggling immensely to create my account today, but then I noticed something: THERE'S A PASSWORD CHARACTER LIMIT. I believe it is 16 characters. If your EA account password is longer, you can't get in... Or that's what happened to me, at least. Except now it says the servers are down.

Message 64 of 229 (2,180 Views)

★★ Pro
@RafnHelt There is indeed a limit on length and certain characters (i.e. accented letters)... this will cause an error with no clear reason as to why. This limitation only applies to the game, not EA.com or Spore.com

Unfortunately this can't be fixed as it's an issue with how the game stores and sends the password to the server. You'll need to use a different password if this is the case.
Message 65 of 229 (2,170 Views)

Re: Spore - Can't log in through Origin or Steam

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@MeiOokamiSo... Did it work?

@PS4SuperiorityWithout EA, probably Maxis would never have made Spore.

But to stick with EA all these years... Is masochism.

---

And I'd also like to ask you guys the odds of me being from another country (not US, any European country, AUS or Canada) trying to get the CD-Key, cause imagine an EA support that doesn't have the PERMISSION to solve stuff. That's my country's.

Message 66 of 229 (2,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@lucasdanger 

Oh, absolutely not.

They only wanted the accounts linked so when I got into another support chat they could verify the purchase with screen shots of my steam purchase history and give me the game on Origin. The tech also didn't know that the steam login and screen name can and should be different,  so spent most of the time explaining that. At least the DLC still comes with keys you can claim on Origin as well.

TLDR: Steam version online features are still not working, but I now have it on Origin as well after a couple hours of tech support.

Message 67 of 229 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MeiOokami Welp, I guess it's downloading Origin's version then...
Message 68 of 229 (2,377 Views)

Trouble making a new Spore account (I brought the game on Steam previously)

★ Novice

Hello all.

I brought Spore and Creepy and Cute, as well as Galactic Adventures on Steam previously, but I created a new Spore account using a new EA account with a new email.

When I created the account, it shows me this page:

I can understand that that account does not own a game of Spore, but there isn't a link to the Steam version, so am I supposed to re-purchase the game on Origin? I have a physical copy of the game as well, so if I were to buy the Origin version, am I supposed to transfer the product key from the physical version to the Origin version?

I just want to make a new Spore account and start fresh and new again.

Thanks.

Message 69 of 229 (2,393 Views)

Re: Trouble making a new Spore account (I brought the game on Steam previously)

★★ Novice
@Cookieman92 If you right click the game in steam there should be an option to view product keys for the DLC (might be in properties). You can use these to add them to your origin account here: https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/game-library

For the base game you will need to contact tech support to transfer the purchase to origin after linking your steam and origin accounts and proving you bought it with screen shots. Only way to link them that worked for me was to download apex legends (free but takes forever to download) on steam and sign in there.
Or
You can get support to use the key from the physical copy to add it to your account if it is too old to work on the origin site like the DLC keys.
Message 70 of 229 (2,360 Views)