Re: Spore - Can't log in through Origin or Steam

by Kyle_Necrowolf

Original Post

Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

★★★★★ Newbie

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I guess I can understand if it was to stop an exploit, but do you really have to stop us Steam players from accessing the game's online features at all? Surely there's a workaround? With the fact that this was last edited February as well I can doubt they'll ever find a fix. Angry

Message 51 of 232 (3,260 Views)

Spore - Can't log in through Origin or Steam

★★★ Newbie

I purchased Spore, galactic, and cute pack through the recent Steam sale and I can't log in for online capabilities. Deleting login prefs file does not solve this issue. I have activated the login keys on the Origin client, and I have attempted to log in by launching the game from both Origin platform and also Steam but I still recieve the same error message that I attached below.

-Internet connection is fine
-Tried playing in multiple capability modes
-Turned off Firewall
-Reinstalling the game on both platforms

I also called EA, that was fun, they hung up on me three times in a row. I just want to get my old creations back and play online.

Message 52 of 232 (3,231 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

If you already have a Spore screen name, you can login with your EA?Origin email and password. You should not register a new account.

If you have not created a Spore screen name inside the game, you should do this by registering when prompted in the game. There are three boxes, one for your existing EA/Origin email, one for password, and the third is where you enter a new screen name for Spore. This is not the same as your EA/Origin name. You must have the game listed in your Origin library before you will be able to submit this form.

If you are unsure, try logging into Spore.com.
If you get a screen that shows your email address at the top, then Spore has not been registered on that account, and you will need to register in-game (after ensuring that the game appears in your Origin library on that same account)
If you don't see your email address, and instead see MySpore page, your account is all set up for Spore, and your screen name will appear at the top, along with the Spore games/expansions on your account.

Make sure that you only have a single copy of the game installed. You must uninstall the Steam version (including expansions) before installing from Origin, if you choose to do this.

Message 53 of 232 (3,175 Views)

★★ Novice

Just got off with Origin help. Basically told me to link my steam to origin by playing apex legends... so downloading that 36GB game now...

flash back to the sailor moon meme: "my work here is done" - "but you didn't do anything"

Message 54 of 232 (3,144 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought Spore on Origin and I have the same problem. I already verified that the copy of steam is uninstalled, what can I do?

Message 55 of 232 (3,108 Views)

★★ Pro
@elmasp0ronga If you purchased from Origin then you can go ahead and register a new Spore screen name inside the game. Look for the three boxes that ask for an email, password, and screen name. Enter the same email and password you use for Origin, and a new screen name that will be your public username for Spore.

If you get a message like "Network play disabled" or something similar, type %APPDATA%\Spore into your computer's search (taskbar search bar on windows 10), open the Preferences folder, delete login.prop, and then try again.
Message 56 of 232 (3,101 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The email address and the password indicated do not have correspondence in our system, I have already verified and they are fine

Message 57 of 232 (3,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bAUeSTRADA The same was done for me (Spore via Origins) after also providing proof of purchase through Steam, but I'm still not able to login when launching via Origins.
Message 58 of 232 (3,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly, The fact EA has gone this far, is really hurting my Respect for them.

I've been looking everywhere for either a fix, or an actual secure way to buy the game without online servers being taken Hostage.

How long has this gone on for? is there anything being done legally about this? as this seems like a giant blemish on EA's integrity and security.

I'm buying the game today, but having to go through yet another gaming platform just to play my games, really bites. 

I sometimes wish EA never had any involvement with Maxis. I'd rather Maxis be a standalone company.

I do hope Origin and "GOG"? are safe to use. I already ran away from G2A as well.

Message 59 of 232 (3,105 Views)

★★ Pro
@PS4Superiority GOG is definitely safe. It is the best place to buy Spore at this point in time: officially supported by EA and Maxis, no DRM (it's technically a cracked Steam version), comes with the serial code for server access (and a free Origin copy), doesn't need any launcher, is the best for modding (besides some very old mods that only work on the disc version), and goes on sale frequently. It's the most un-EA way to get the game, kinda surprising, but they do officially sell the game this way!

It's not currently discounted but here is the link for anyone interested: https://www.gog.com/game/spore_collection

I just noticed that they even provide instructions for server access on the store page: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002333209-Spore-How-to-get-access-to-online-features?pr... (MaxisBazajaytee, the lead producer for Spore, wrote these instructions, it was also posted on the Sporum and this forum)
Message 60 of 232 (3,091 Views)