Spore won't open

by ammcguire88

Original Post

Re: Spore won't open

★★★ Newbie
We are having the same problem others have had. We downloaded the spore game today and it won't play. No one has responded to our request for help from earlier today. Thinking we may have to ask for a refund, although red rather keep the game and have it play. Please help/advise.
Message 11 of 22 (1,790 Views)

★★★ Novice

@zetsuethestorm wrote:
Close Origin, Go to My Computer>Program Files>Origin Games. Delete the folder titled Spore. Open Origin then download the game again. Don't touch anything until Origin says Spore is ready to play.

That method worked for me.

I had to reimagine my computer a while ago and i completely forgot about spore until about mid-June. 

All i did was download it and DIDN'T TOUCH IT!

I downloaded it over night and by the morning i was ready to install and it works perfectly fine.

The key part for me was not to touch it at ALL! download it over night, thats the easiest I think.

Nils Could you please put a link to the spore forms page. 
Thanks, Lauren
Message 12 of 22 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie
We tried that and unfortunately it did not work. We already requested our refund. We'd happily buy it again if it would be guaranteed to work.
Message 13 of 22 (1,786 Views)

★ Novice

Hey guys!

I contacted support with the same problem and they told me to logout-login. Strangely, Spore works now.

That's right, no reinstalls, nothing more.

I don't know if it work with you guys. Anyways, try it.

Message 14 of 22 (1,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA really need to get their shiz together and fix Origin problems. I have heard many complaints about game problems and not one EA employee has been bothered to help or report to fix them. I'm really dissapointed and i'm probs gonna switch to Steam or demand my money back. 

Message 15 of 22 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am happy too see support actually helped for once hopefully this works ^

Message 16 of 22 (1,673 Views)

★ Novice

I have attempted all methods above with no luck, in fact now Spore will not re-install.  It fails to install, yet Origin still thinks it is playable.  Now it crashes on startup and gives error code 131082:0 when i attempt to repair.

Message 17 of 22 (1,592 Views)

★ Novice

Got mine working. Spore, C&C, and Galactic Adventures all working now.

I uninstalled all the Spore games, and Origin.  Then I deleted the Origin folder and the spore folders.  I then restarted this time before attempting to install again, which I guess was the trick because they all downloaded and installed with no trouble.  I can even use the repair function without the error.

Message 18 of 22 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I may or may not be having this problem. If not, I am having a form of it. I had previously owned Spore on disc, but due to computer crashes and the product key having limited uses, the key became useless. About a year ago I purchased Spore on steam. It worked for a few weeks, but then I started getting crashes upon startup. In an attempt to fix this, I had used the product key to download the game by disc to try to get past the crash, but it still occurred, this time giving me an error message stating that something had called for a virtual function error with C++. Eventually I had given up trying ot get it to work, but now I am trying it again. After looking around, I saw a post on the Steam community stating that getting hte game on Origin would fix the startup crash problem. I tried this, and it did not work. Does anyone know how to fix this? it would be very much appreciated if someone could find a fix for this issue.I have tried very hard to get this game to work, and I really want to be able to play again without having to buy a new computer.

The error that I recieved can be viewed at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749

Message 19 of 22 (1,540 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same

Message 20 of 22 (1,278 Views)