Spore won't open

by ammcguire88

Original Post

Spore won't open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Downloaded Origin, and bought Spore. When I hover over the game and click 'play' it gives me 'Game cannot start - Not found GL.:5626'. Read in the FAQ that I could try to repair. So when I right click and 'repair install' I get  'An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error 131082:0'. I have over 90G of open space on my computer and don't have any firewall settings that would be messing this up, as far as I can tell. I have also tried opening Origin as administrator and completely shutting off my anti-virus software.

Message 1 of 22 (10,877 Views)

Re: Spore won't open

★★★ Novice

I am new to downloading games from Origin, But I got the Error: 131082:0 during my download. After about 30 minutes I when back to finish the download and it finish OK. But when I tried playing the game it won't open. I read how you tried repairing it by right clicking on the game and saying "Repair Install" and it didn't work like you said the error came up. 

IM really mad I wanted to play this for my birthday and when I saw the "Save 70%" I thought I might jump and get it. 

Dam 

Message 2 of 22 (10,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why isn't this fixed yet?

Message 3 of 22 (10,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine opens, but I have other problems. Mainly that it crashes WAY TOO OFTEN and occasionally corrupts a saved game in the process.... but I get the same error when trying to use the "Repair Game" option, and although it's been some time now since I was told this problem would be escalated I have not yet heard back on the issue.

Message 4 of 22 (9,964 Views)

★★★ Novice
Congrats on getting it open I haven't gotten even got that far

I'm disapointed, nobody's tried to help us fix our games.

*sigh* im really exisited to play Spore. But with this problem and the fact the theodies is helping us. im starting to turn off from buying online games.

Anybody know what we should do to get attention of someone that can help?

Im new-ish to these forms.
Message 5 of 22 (9,959 Views)

★★★ Novice
Theories is meant to be Nobodies. Sorry
Message 6 of 22 (9,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Close Origin, Go to My Computer>Program Files>Origin Games. Delete the folder titled Spore. Open Origin then download the game again. Don't touch anything until Origin says Spore is ready to play.
Message 7 of 22 (9,813 Views)

spore game keeps crashing

★ Newbie

I recently bought and downloaded Spore from Origin, and ever since i got it it keeps crashing. i tried to fix the game by right clicking and clicking on "fix game" and it says it encountered a problem and got error 131082:0. How can this be fixed? Or should i jus call to get my money back and redownload it?

Message 8 of 22 (9,281 Views)

Community Manager

@zetsuethestorm wrote:
Close Origin, Go to My Computer>Program Files>Origin Games. Delete the folder titled Spore. Open Origin then download the game again. Don't touch anything until Origin says Spore is ready to play.

@xxxewdrag0n93xxx Hi,

I have moved your post to the Spore forums. Can you try the suggest fix from zetsuethestorm  from above?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 9 of 22 (9,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nils:

I tried your method but it won't work. I re-downloaded it, installed it, and tried to open it. click, and nothing happens. double click, it installs again. it says its complete, double clicked on spore, and it auto installs again, again, again...

Message 10 of 22 (9,201 Views)