Spore, unable to click on anything

by thebadgalRhiRhi

Original Post

Spore, unable to click on anything

★★★ Newbie

Using a new Mac and a wireless apple mouse (have tried plug in mouse as well). Game opens fine, but once I'm in the mouse will move but wont click on anything. I have to use the keyboard controls to exit the game. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 9 (5,834 Views)

Re: Spore, unable to click on anything

[ Edited ]

Hi @thebadgalRhiRhi

You are using the Apple Magic? If so, it must first be configured correctly. Under Settings / Keyboard Mouse.

Make sure that the game does not run in HD resolution.Spore is an older game. It can only run in a lower settings.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Clicks-on-trackpad-doesn-t-work/m-p/6481191/highlight/true#M8772

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 9 (5,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the suggestion. I am using the magic mouse yes, but I've tried with a normal pc mouse as well and neither worked, do you know what the settings are in english by any chance? I couldn't read the screen shots on the last post. 

Message 3 of 9 (5,799 Views)

The screens are from my danish system.

You have to use the same settings under System > Preferences > Keyboard Mouse.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207700

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 4 of 9 (5,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The thebadgalrhirhi I have the same problem but I am using a MacBook and I have done the same thing you tried( switching out the mouse for a pc mouse) but the difference between my situation and yours is that in order to exit spore I have to restart it I can't even navigate out of it it won't let me. if someone could please find a solution for this it would be appreciated because I love playing the game, I play it on my desktop, but I would like to take it anywhere I go.

Message 5 of 9 (5,312 Views)

The problem is the resolution of the game, we have a few tricks here, auhch for Mac, I

I playing  it myself on MBP and could find the optimal screen setting, magic mouse also works with spore aswell

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

———-
Message 6 of 9 (5,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Because it was mentioned it is a Display issue, I was able to find a couple of work arounds.

1. Hit Command + Enter and it will go into window mode. The system can then recognize the correct location for the mouse.

2. Reduce the Display resolution to 720p or similar and it should be fine.

Hope this helps

Message 7 of 9 (5,093 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. How do you change the resolution of the game without clicking the settings?? I'm able to open the game and enter the menu but i cant click on anything so i cant change the resolution D:

Message 8 of 9 (2,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this saved my life! thanks dude i was trying everyone else’s options on here and this one worked first try!

Message 9 of 9 (1,612 Views)