Re: Spore installation code won't work

by xXEatThatPieXx

Original Post

Spore installation code won't work

★ Novice

Hi y'all, hopefully, I'm doing this right.

I have an old spore disk with the booklet containing the code. I decided I wanted to relive my childhood and tried typing it into the origin game code thingy. I chose the english version that came up with all the other supported languages. However, it said that the code has already been redeemed. I know for a fact this is false, I haven't entered in it once into origin. I have played the game using disk, but that didn't involve me putting in the code (or I at least don't remember). Now I'm pretty stuck... Is it because I played the disk version on a seperate machine? I also tried the sims 3 (played disk version as well) which did the exact same thing as spore. 

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 5 (1,431 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you didn't buy the discs secondhand, then I don't know. I am having literally the exact same problem as you and it makes no sense. I can't use my product code to get a digital version of Spore Galactic Adventures because Origin says it has already been used. I contacted a Game Advisor and they said it was redeemed in 2009. They said for me to contact the retailer. Whats absolutely stupid, is that they count using the product code to register an account for online services as it being redeemed for a digital copy. I tried explaining this to a Game Advisor as well as the fact that it is literally impossible to have redeemed my code on Origin for a digital copy TWO YEARS BEFORE ORIGIN EXISTED, but of course there's nothing that they will do because they are just told to tell the customer that the code was already redeemed and to contact the retailer. Imagine calling up Walmart today and being like, "Hey, I purchased Spore Galactic Adventures from you 12 years ago and I need a new product code that's located in the CD case. Could you tell me the code over the phone?" I need to know someone that I can contact about this that can acutally help me with this.

Message 2 of 5 (1,332 Views)

★ Apprentice
@baloneybear2 Did you ever use online services? I think that you had to use the product code then to register an account or something, but I may be wrong about this. I think EA might count using the product code to register an account to be able to use online services as redeeming the product code for a digital copy of the game even 12 years later. If I'm right about this, then it's extremely unfair because you cannot use their system if you played the game online.
Message 3 of 5 (1,330 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Try redeeming the codes on Steam

Message 4 of 5 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the exact same problem. They tell me the codes have already been registered... with my actual email account. The same I use in Origin. It would seem like a simple problem, but it seems like it exceeds their abilities. As always, I've been told to contact the retailer. I bought the games on launch and the reatailer doesn't even exist any more. And even if it did, what would it have to do with it? Lazy excuses to avoid admiting incompetence.

I just wanted a bit of nostalgia loging in to the Spore servers after so many years, and I ended up fighting with support. Well, guess I'll try again sometime.

Message 5 of 5 (676 Views)