Spore for Mac: BLack Screen on loading, can see mouse

by julianabr

Original Post

Re: Spore for Mac: BLack Screen on loading, can see mouse

★★★ Newbie

yeah I cant get anything to work with spore either Ive seriously think im going to explode if i don't figure this outConfusedmileymad:

Message 21 of 32 (1,877 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This guys is a legend. Thank you so much man

Message 22 of 32 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seabug2000 U are awesome...that glitch almost ruined my sons christmas until your fix came and saved the day.

Message 23 of 32 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it still didnt work for me please help

Message 24 of 32 (1,774 Views)

Hi @CamoBro16798,

We have shared some tips here, perhaps one of them helps

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-2015-2016/m-p/4802582#U4802582

\Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 25 of 32 (1,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ugh!!!   Please help.  Changing the 0 to a 1 didn't work for me.  Is there anything I can do?  I cannot get Spore to open.   Frown  

I've contacted EA probably 6 times.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, created a new computer profile to open the game (unsuccessful), changed the 0 to 1.    

I'm on a Mac - El Capitan10.11.5

heeellllllppppppp!

Message 26 of 32 (1,748 Views)

Hi @richcap,

Have you ever tried to start the game via cider exec !?

1. Make a rightclick on the Spore icon ,
2. Say package contents,
3. Select the MacOS folder
4. Choose one of them
5. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-won-t-open/m-p/5379874/highlight/true#M7168

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 27 of 32 (1,736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your quick reply!   Ugh, I tried it and didn't work  Frown

It looked as it might - the icon bounced as if it were opening - the large Logo appears and then poof.  All closes.

Here's what cider said:

Last login: Thu Jun 23 21:19:55 on ttys000

You have mail.

/Applications/SPORE/SPORE.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

richard-capitans-imac:~ RichandAlison$ /Applications/SPORE/SPORE.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

2016-06-23 21:20:37.774 cider[63705:1348696] TransformProcessType failed! Err: -50

Line 168: Malformed value '"fbobackbuffer" = “1”'

err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')

err:dosfs:GetDeviceFromBSDName IOBSDNameMatching returned a NULL dictionary.

err:dosfs:DeviceIsCDorDVD IOServiceGetMatchingService returned IO_OBJECT_NULL.

err:dosfs:GetDeviceFromBSDName IOBSDNameMatching returned a NULL dictionary.

err:dosfs:DeviceIsCDorDVD IOServiceGetMatchingService returned IO_OBJECT_NULL.

err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_stereo_channels device 43 failed to get preferred stereo channels (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_channel_volume_writable device 43 failed to get volume writable (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 43 format inputChannel: 0 (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 49 format inputChannel: 1 (0x77686f3f)

err:heap:NewRtlFreeHeap block 0x4243af0 isn't a valid part of heap 0x714271c0

err:heap:NewRtlFreeHeap block 0x4243ad0 isn't a valid part of heap 0x714271c0

err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin pr.dll: dlopen(/Applications/SPORE/SPORE.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpr.dylib, 2): image not found

err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin paul.dll: dlopen(/Applications/SPORE/SPORE.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpaul.dylib, 2): image not found

err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin paul.dll: dlopen(/Applications/SPORE/SPORE.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpaul.dylib, 2): image not found

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Any other recommendations?

Message 28 of 32 (1,731 Views)

Set the backbuffer back to "0" and check your file/folder permissions
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22196?viewlocale=en_US

Patch up the game
http://www.spore.com/patch

———-
Message 29 of 32 (1,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so i buy galactic dlc pack for macbook pro and i get greeted by THE BLACK SCREEN OF DOOM yeah i have this problem

my spore name: kadoodo

Message 30 of 32 (1,525 Views)