Spore crashing on all stages, can't even open settings.

by iiLixsy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore crashing on all stages, can't even open settings.

★ Novice

Hello! 

I've downloaded Spore directly from the CD, as well as Galactic Adventures and bought the Creepy & Cute Parts Package. However, when loading up Spore and clicking Create, and selecting a stage, it black screens and crashes, and even happens when trying to open the in-game settings. I can only play Cell stage, however when I try and go into the creator there, it also crashes.

I've tried the following:

- Running as administrator

- Deleting the graphics cache

- Compatibility mode

- Resolution adjust

- Reinstalling the game (it's been 4 times now..)

- Closing all background apps

I use Windows 10, Intel Core i5 with UHD graphics, 12 GB of ram and the game is installed on my hard drive with over 32 GB's of free space.

Nothing that I've read has worked, so I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

Message 1 of 11 (3,041 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore crashing on all stages, can't even open settings.

Community Manager

If you run into any more issues please make a new post and we can provide any relevant information available on the issue.  

Or you can reach out to an advisor with the contact information below.  

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary but phone or live chat would be faster than email.    
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance    
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (2,678 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@iiLixsy Wanted to see if this is still happening? Are you running any mods with Spore?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 11 (2,901 Views)

★ Novice

Hello!

Yes it is still happening, no mods are being ran with spore.

Message 3 of 11 (2,888 Views)

Community Manager

@iiLixsy When you reinstall is it from the CD or Origin? Can you try putting your PC in a Clean Boot to see if this continues?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 11 (2,859 Views)

★ Novice

It prompts me to install through Origin each time. I preformed a clean boot, still crashed. This has happened on the Steam version for me as well when it was on sale, and I had to refund it.

Message 5 of 11 (2,855 Views)

Community Manager

@iiLixsy If you still have the Origin version, could you share a DxDiag after a crash?

Illium.png

Message 6 of 11 (2,807 Views)

Community Manager
@iiLixsy Wanted to check if your issue was fixed?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 11 (2,777 Views)

★ Novice

Still having the same issue unfortunately

Message 8 of 11 (2,771 Views)

Community Manager
@iiLixsy Would you be able to share a DxDiag after a crash with the link above?

Illium.png

Message 9 of 11 (2,743 Views)

Community Manager

If you run into any more issues please make a new post and we can provide any relevant information available on the issue.  

Or you can reach out to an advisor with the contact information below.  

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary but phone or live chat would be faster than email.    
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance    
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page 

Illium.png

Message 10 of 11 (2,679 Views)