Spore crashes before it can launch, running Mac OS 10.12.6

by UFOCookie

Original Post

Spore crashes before it can launch, running Mac OS 10.12.6

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello! After scouring the forums here for answers, and unfortunately finding nothing to help my specific case, I finally decided to just ask about it myself.

So just today, I bought Spore and downloaded it over the Origin client. When it finished downloading, I launched it only to have it crash and abort the process immediately.

I don't actually know very much about coding, but hopefully the first few lines of the crash log can help at least a little bit. I can get more details if you'd like: 

Process: cider [1632]
Path: /Users/USER/Desktop/SPORE.app/Contents/MacOS/cider
Identifier: com.transgaming.spore
Version: 3.0 Mac Soccer ball
Build Info: Cider-1.0~1.0
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: cider [1632]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2017-11-22 13:46:15.891 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G1036)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 99338EA7-F21E-D4B1-98A6-915DFE9FE6D3

I'm running one of the newer Macbook Pros with the little touchbar on the keyboard—I mention this in case the newer hardware causes a problem with Spore.

Where I know for certain my problem diverges from everyone else's is where there aren't any special Spore-related folders in either ~/Library/Preferences or ~/Library/Saved Application State, I'm assuming this is because the game crashed before it could generate them? Either that, or the game was uninstalled properly, even after I already reinstalled it once. I attempted to just make new folders with the same names as what Spore is supposed to have in Preferences, just to see if that would help, and when I tried to relaunch the game it at least took a couple extra seconds before crashing, in case that helps the problem somehow.

Message 1 of 2 (739 Views)

Betreff: Spore crashes before it can launch, running Mac OS 10.12.6

@UFOCookie Hi,

Please take a look at this link first

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M596...

There you will find a tons of fix.
You can try to start Spore via Cider exce, you can try to disable Origin in the game

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 2 (710 Views)