Spore can't connect

by Kennithball

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore can't connect

★ Novice

Dear EA, it seems that presumably because I installed it years ago, Spore can not connect to my current Origin account. What solutions can you think of that do not involve me buying the same game on Origin?

Message 1 of 12 (5,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore can't connect

★★ Pro

First try opening this folder C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\Spore\Preferences and deleting login.prop

This will reset the saved username/password and can also fix some issues where online play was disabled

When logging into Spore.com, do you get a page that shows your email at the top, or, do you get MySpore page? If you get the former, that means you have not registered with Spore on this account.

First make sure Spore is linked to your Origin account (check your game library), then you will need to Register (NOT login) in the game - there will be three boxes, one for email, one for password, and one where you choose a new screen name.

If you have already made a Spore screen name and are seeing your email address after logging into Spore.com, you may be using the wrong account.

Also, the game does not support all special characters in passwords. If your password contains symbols or uncommon characters (like accented letters) try changing your password to remove these.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (5,680 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@Kennithball mine says "invalid login", online support was not able to help me
Message 2 of 12 (5,759 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Kennithball and @againbored,

When you go to your Origin Games library, is Spore listed there?
If not, make sure to clear the filters so it displays all of the EA games linked to that Origin account and check it once more.

If you can't see Spore in your Origin Games library, there's a good chance you have another EA account that it's registered to.

- EA_Lanna

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 12 (5,714 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, Spore is listed in my Origin library. The thing is that i can successfully log into Spore.com website, but with the exact same login info I’m not able to do that in game and download content. I have never linked any other account or email to my EA account. Can you help? Customer service told me that it is old game and wasn’t really able to solve my problem. I’ve paid for this game to enjoy online content.

Message 4 of 12 (5,703 Views)

★★ Pro

First try opening this folder C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\Spore\Preferences and deleting login.prop

This will reset the saved username/password and can also fix some issues where online play was disabled

When logging into Spore.com, do you get a page that shows your email at the top, or, do you get MySpore page? If you get the former, that means you have not registered with Spore on this account.

First make sure Spore is linked to your Origin account (check your game library), then you will need to Register (NOT login) in the game - there will be three boxes, one for email, one for password, and one where you choose a new screen name.

If you have already made a Spore screen name and are seeing your email address after logging into Spore.com, you may be using the wrong account.

Also, the game does not support all special characters in passwords. If your password contains symbols or uncommon characters (like accented letters) try changing your password to remove these.

Message 5 of 12 (5,681 Views)

★★★ Novice

Omg thank you! My password had “+” in it. I changed and it connected! 

Message 6 of 12 (5,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Kyle_Necrowolf when I try to log on it says, " There was an error connecting to the spore servers. Your computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit spore.com for additional assistance or server status." I have tried everything, including what you posted above. the game was purchased on Steam. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Message 7 of 12 (5,347 Views)

★★★ Novice

Spore servers works only through Origin. But try to reach to customers service and they might give you a key that you can redeem in Origin app. Emphasis on might.

Message 8 of 12 (5,323 Views)

★★ Pro
@jgaspari If you have not yet registered an account, see here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Steam-users-unable-to-create-Spore-account-or-redeem...

You'll need to contact EA support to have the Steam version registered to your account. They actually have no way to registering the Steam version anymore, so instead they will ask for your Steam receipt, and then they will just give you a free copy of the game on Origin (which adds it to your account so you can login).

If you have already registered, make sure you can first login to Spore.com and see your Spore screen name (NOT your email) there.
Message 9 of 12 (5,309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Kyle_Necrowolf when I try to log on it says, " There was an error connecting to the spore servers. Your computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit spore.com for additional assistance or server status." I have tried everything, including what you posted above. the game was purchased on Steam. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 10 of 12 (3,767 Views)