Spore: black screen, only cursor (MacOS)

by h7li5rkbtmsf

Original Post

Spore: black screen, only cursor (MacOS)

★★★★★ Newbie

I started having issues with spore around late 2021, my game when i try launching it, it will pop up the spore bubble, two other bubbles will blink in and then out, them the spore loading screen  will show up for a second, then a black screen, my cursor will appear, the it will blink into dark and reappear, i cant type anything or click any button without the "error" mac sound will playing, and the only button i can press is enter/return, which will close the black screen and the game.

I am currently on macOS High Sierra, i haven't changed the graphics card, i could play it normally until recently, it just happened one day randomly, and i have been looking for a way to fix it for months, i have read and tried (multiple times) EVERY SINGLE tip that Freggi-Liz and others have on the topic, i have changed the fbobackbuffer, reset my mac hundreds of times, cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, i have deleted the entire thing and redownloaded it, fully reset origin, turned off the origin settings, purged and reset the terminal, etc. I've even used tips for other bugs, but all have come up null, some of the websites linked to help with this have also been removed since it is pretty unpopular at the moment, but at this point, i've fully given up i have no idea what is wrong with my game or computer and this is my last cry for help before i fully buy a Windows laptop just to play Spore again.

Hope someone can help, i'd be very very grateful.

If it helps this is a summary of what shows when i open it with cider_noui:

Message 1 of 1 (448 Views)