Spore Repeatedly Crashing in the Tribal Stage

by TheDirtCat2000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore Repeatedly Crashing in the Tribal Stage

★ Novice

If I load my save and try to play, the game will close itself after a certain amount of time. I thought saving more often would be a safe workaround, but the crash is like a time bomb where I saved with the timer at 00:25. Pausing the game also pauses how long until the crash, but I can't find what's causing it. My tribe is currently fishing and I heard that's known to cause crashes, but if I order my tribe to stop and move elsewhere, it won't make a difference. I have tried running the game in compatibility mode, as an admin, with a lower resolution, larger cache, and with a deleted GraphicsCache. I have not socialized with any creature before evolving, including my own species. The game does not crash on any other save.

Message 1 of 6 (3,719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore Repeatedly Crashing in the Tribal Stage

Community Manager
@TheDirtCat2000 Can you try running a repair via Origin, by right-clicking on the game in your library and selecting repair?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,670 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@TheDirtCat2000 Can you try running a repair via Origin, by right-clicking on the game in your library and selecting repair?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (3,671 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Hey I have this issue as well, I've tried compatibility mode with every version of Windows available, running as admin, deleting graphics cache, running a repair, etc.

the crash log is always the same, ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000044
Message 3 of 6 (3,597 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@TheDirtCat2000 I have this issue too...
Message 4 of 6 (3,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't get my CD Key from steam to load into origin!!!   How to fix this, I just want to play  : (

Message 5 of 6 (2,289 Views)

★ Guide

Found in pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Spore

A major game breaking bug can be triggered during the Tribal stage, rendering a save game corrupt under certain circumstances.

With only solution to start from an older save.

Message 6 of 6 (2,269 Views)