Re: Spore Installment!

by eacharlotte

Original Post

Spore Installment!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I just bought Spore AND Spore: Galactic adventures... 

I already had a retail version of spore, but I wanted Galactic adv too, so in good faith i bought the game from Origin.

So, i download Spore, Cute and scary AND Galactic adv...  Then the problem kicks in, I can install the downloaded Spore...

The wiz shield pops up for half a sec and then dissapear. So i basiclly bought something i cant use...

So do you have a solution or where do i get a refund?

Thx on advance.

Message 1 of 4 (728 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello toxxious,

First, does your computer meet the minimum system requirements? I would assume so if you already had Spore but just asking.

I would suggest to Run the program as administrator to see if that allows for the install to run normally.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 4 (717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didnt work, i have no idea what to do...

i have downloaded it 5 times.. and it still doesnt work

Message 3 of 4 (710 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi again,

In this case you may want to check if there's background programs or utilitied that may need to be disabled. A clean boot (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 ) can eliminate any background tasks interferring. 

Adding Origin.exe to the execptions list of your anti-virus can help.

Also, do you have the latest version of Origin? Uninstall and reinstall Origin then run Origin as admin.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 4 of 4 (697 Views)