Re: Spore GL:5626

by hotziggity

Original Post

Spore GL:5626

★ Novice

I recently bought spore and installed it onto my macbook pro. When ever I try to run the game an error code pops up and says 'Error:GL 5626: game can not run' I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but the same code keeps popping up. Please help.

Message 1 of 17 (16,433 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello stephernee,

Does your computer meet the system requirements and are your drivers up to date?

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 17 (16,282 Views)

★ Novice

Yes and it's still not working

Message 3 of 17 (16,278 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello stephernee,

This error message is usually a combination of a corrupted install and server licensing error. This may be associated with installing Spore on top of Creature Creator--Creature Creator is supposed to be uninstalled prior to installing Spore.

A few steps you could try:

• Try manually uninstalling Creature Creator--which is different than using control panel so please do click the link and follow the directions as indicated
  • Try right clicking the Spore icon and Run as Administrator (for Vista and Windows 7 users)

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 4 of 17 (16,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

um... i tried uninstalling the creature creator manually and that didnt work so after i did that i tried to run as admin and it still didnt work. i still get the same error code.

Message 5 of 17 (16,243 Views)

★ Novice

I have done all thoughs things and still the same error code.

Message 6 of 17 (16,204 Views)

★ Novice

That happened to me. I never got it to work, but it was because my computer didn't have enough ram to run it. Check you available ram against the requirement. Good luck! Confusedmileywink:

Message 7 of 17 (16,054 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have that too, and my computer has 8 GB and I can't remember exactly how much ram it said it required but I'm pretty sure it was 4GB or less, and I uninstalled the creature creature, but this problem persists for me as well anyway...

Message 8 of 17 (8,621 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this problem too, but I never got Creature Creator at all. I'm on Windows 10, and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and running it as admin, but nothing happened. I also bought the game used so I had to get the CD Key off of the internet.

Message 9 of 17 (7,345 Views)

If it still doesn't work, use the CCleaner and install it again

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 10 of 17 (7,329 Views)