Spore GA Crashes when I try to enter Captain's Log

by thiaguiness

Original Post

Spore GA Crashes when I try to enter Captain's Log

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought Spore and Galactic Adventures yesterday, whenever I try to enter Captain's Log in stage space, the game crashes and show the message "Spore has stopped working". Has someone been through this problem too?

Message 1 of 2 (1,032 Views)

Re: Spore GA Crashes when I try to enter Captain's Log

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello Thiaguiness, i had this problem just yesterday and i have found a solution that (at least) worked for me.

- If you have mods and that you are launching spore through the ModAPI launcher latest version you might wanna turn off your anti virus software (for me it was avast) or tell your anti virus to make an exception for spore because it detected a false positive that he blocked and made the game crash whenever i open the captain log in galactic adventure, basically what is happening i think is that whenever you are entering your captain's name the anti virus detect a false positive an corrupt the name, that is why it was asking me for my captain's name each time i enter the game.

- If you aren't using mods, try to use the fix i just said, if it still dosent work then try reinstalling the game, veryfing game cache (steam user only) and if you are on CD version try to install the brand new patch 1.5.1.

- It would really help a lot if you tell me where you got spore from (Steam, Origins, GOG or CD)

- I hope it will help you.

Message 2 of 2 (983 Views)