PLease explain how to get spore to work for windows 10

by royboss244

Original Post

Betreff: PLease explain how to get spore to work for windows 10

Hi @guyplays10900000

@guyplays10900000 wrote:

How do i start spore i just got the game yesterday its already installed please help.

and always, please jump into the sticky post https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M596...

You'll can find some solutions

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 11 of 27 (6,807 Views)

★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz,

I HAVE read and followed the steps for running Spore on Win 10, trying every version of Windows listed in the compatibility drop-down, and with "Run as Admin" selected, and am still getting the stopped working message after only a few seconds.

Message 12 of 27 (6,793 Views)

@talonhawkins,

Dozens of problems can cause this.

Look into this FAQ on Spore.com▶️ Crashes / Freezes ▶️Startup Crash Troubleshooting: Corrupt File Isolation

https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/81467.page

I hope this will help you!

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 13 of 27 (6,787 Views)

@talonhawkins,

Dozens of problems can cause this.

Look into this FAQ on Spore.com▶️ Crashes / Freezes ▶️Startup Crash Troubleshooting: Corrupt File Isolation

https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/81467.page

I hope this will help you!

Message 14 of 27 (6,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Search Spore on your Windows 10 search, right click, and hit open file location. Right click Spore and hit properties. then compatibility. Check run this program in compatibility mode for:, then select Windows XP service 1 or 2.

Message 15 of 27 (6,724 Views)

Re: Betreff: PLease explain how to get spore to work for windows 10

★★★ Newbie
I just got the game and i haven't been able to even play it when i press play my screen goes black and i cant even close it i must restart my computer.
Message 16 of 27 (6,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It won't work for me, I tried everything.

I'm on Windows 10 also and have all the requirements needed to run the game.

It seems that there's a problem with Windows 10 because I tried all the compatibilities' choices and it won't work. 

Message 17 of 27 (6,381 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will Spore run on Windows 10

Yes it runs, you just have some things to consider

Starts the game and exe in compatibility mode

1. Right click on the Spore icon and exe
  2. Properties
  3. Choose compatibility tab
  4. Choose a Windows Version
  5. And set a flag in “Run this program as an administrator”
  6. Say okay
  7. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Thats cool and all but under the 4th step i cant choose windows 10 thats why i need the help

Message 18 of 27 (5,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Try running the compatibility in Windows XP/Vista. SPORE was a game before even Windows 7 came through. Spore was never designed to work with Windows 10, though I'm running Windows 10 right now and it's working perfect for me; and this isn't even with compatibility mode.

If this still isn't working, try heading to C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\ and then deleting the SPORE folder. This will essentially put everything back to its default settings. NOTE: AppData is hidden by default. You can unhide it by doing a simple google search on how to show the AppData folder for the operating system you're using. Once you've deleted the folder, try opening SPORE.

Message 19 of 27 (5,505 Views)

Re: Betreff: PLease explain how to get spore to work for windows 10

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello @royboss244 

Give us more information on your issue, how are you running the game? I would suggest to use Origin client.

Cheers,

Archi

The Origin Version is Borked. I only wish EA could refund me, and or maybe credit me a Steam version, That one seems to be working okay. At least it's not as screwed up. Also, can NO ONE at EA take a few moments out of their workday to patch the game for 64-bit systems? That is the main issue, the dev was DUMB not to have Any forward thinking Whatsoever in 2008. Even then I think 64-bit was a thing. So that's on EA for not maybe thinking 32 bit would go away? I will say this when Spore did work for me, up until Space Stage, it loaded super fast on my SSD.. I bought the game when literally everyone else pirated it, at the very least EA could give me some credit for not stealing the game back in the day.

Message 20 of 27 (4,595 Views)