My activation key disappeared from steam platform

by mfadreams

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My activation key disappeared from steam platform

★★★ Newbie

I have Spore with all DLC in Steam. I used to have a CD key, but it's gone...

When I open Spore CD keys on steam, I get the message "CD key required...", but the actual key is not there.

How can I get my CD key back?

Message 1 of 5 (1,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My activation key disappeared from steam platform

Community Manager

Hi @mfadreams We can try reaching out to our support to see if they can provide additional details, however from my understanding if since it was purchased through Steam we will have a limited view of information. 

• EA Help website - Live Support (Phone, Chat, Email) 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance   

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,539 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @mfadreams Have you tried reaching out to Steam support for the purchase to see if they are able to provide you with the key?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Steam says I should contact the original game publisher about CD key

Message 3 of 5 (1,574 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @mfadreams We can try reaching out to our support to see if they can provide additional details, however from my understanding if since it was purchased through Steam we will have a limited view of information. 

• EA Help website - Live Support (Phone, Chat, Email) 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance   

Illium.png

Message 4 of 5 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

reach out faster we all bought the game and have copy's to prove we own it but can't get are keys. you need to give us a new copy of the game or find a way to give us our keys which we are entitled to get through purchase.  

Message 5 of 5 (849 Views)