by Gimpytheimp

Original Post

this is bull

★★ Novice

Who else has that not valid message in spore galactic adventures i just thought that this is bullcrap

ugh

Message 41 of 60 (5,114 Views)

Re: Log in issues with Spore on Steam

★★★ Newbie

Ok, please hear me out.

I used to own Spore in 2010 or something but didnt play for a while and broke my disk. I REPURCHASED it on steam so I wont be able to break the disk again. Now I tried logging in with what I think was my password, but it didnt work. I went to the 'password forgotten' site but that just gives errors. Can you tell me whether EA has given up on spore and I wasted my money or the EA support is just being terrible as usual and I wont be able to log in unless my password used to be different and I eventually get it?

Message 42 of 60 (4,997 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bought Spore complete from Steam couple hours ago, game start and I try login with my Origin account credentials, game claims that Cant access internet, which is **bleep**, there is no firewall blocking it and internet works fine, so EA it is your fault! Also, I tried register keys to directly to Origin, only DLC keys registered without problem, main Spore key claims it is already used, so wtf is up with that eh? 

Message 43 of 60 (4,985 Views)

★★★ Novice

And we are still waiting it seems :P

Message 44 of 60 (4,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issure here too..

correct log in but saying error connecting to spore servers

Message 45 of 60 (4,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having the not connecting online through Steam edition too/can't redeem code on Origins.

Message 46 of 60 (4,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't put it on Origin because it somebody has already used my code

Message 47 of 60 (4,849 Views)

★★ Novice

I purchased all the Spore Games via Origin when each game initially became available to purchase and download online since 2006.  Origin Techs shared that the "Spore Galactic Adventures" was down for "maintenance" due to numerous Log In and Internet Connection problems and this was several months ago and nothing has changed since.  You can play "OFFLINE", but not "ONLINE".   I thought of purchasing the Spore Games via STEAM, but I see that STEAM is having the same problems.  This leads me to think that the Spore "ONLINE WEBSITE" is closed, but no one is officially sharing this information.  

Managing and Running games ONLINE is expensive (maintenance, supervision, avatars, etc.)  However, EA, Origin, and Steam should notify people before they purchase their Spore Galactic Adventure Game that the Game no longer has an "ONLINE" feature and is only an OFFLINE" game.  It has been an OFFLINE game far too long now and I too feel that the game is not going to have an ONLINE feature anymore.   Game prices should be lowered if a game does not offer ONLINE compatibility anymore.   Anyhow, I hope they fix the ONLINE problem soon, so we can all connect and play Spore Galactic Adventure online again.  

Message 48 of 60 (4,420 Views)

★ Novice

I purchased Spore through Steam during their Black Friday sale a month ago and have just gotten around to downloading and installing it... however after trying everything I could think of and finally getting it to recognize my login/EA account, I still can't play because it can't access the Spore server... Grrrrrrrrrr

Message 49 of 60 (4,264 Views)

Hi @vraymond79,

Use the same digital key you have got through steam in Origin, otherwise you can't use the full function
Read the post by another player, he had the same problems

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-servers-STILL-down-mid-oct-2015/m-p/4869036#U4869036

Hope this will help!

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 50 of 60 (7,904 Views)