I can't make a spore account.

by 6686687

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't make a spore account.

★★★ Newbie

I really don't know why, but when I try to make a spore account with all my EA account it just says "The email address and password don't match anything in our system. Please try again; if you continue to have problems, please contact customer support.". I have already, all they've done was add it to my origin account as I originally bought it on steam. Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 12 (6,087 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't make a spore account.

★★ Pro
@6686687 This means that the email and password you entered does not match what you used for Origin. Make sure you use the same ones.

If your password is longer than 16 characters, or your email or password contain special characters, these can sometimes cause problems. For example, passwords containing accented characters are known to be problematic.

If you have two-factor authentication turned on, maybe try turning it off. I don't think this is required, but it's worth a shot.

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (6,013 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

And if anyones wondering, I do have the CD key. I've heard some people say that Creature Creator helps, but It didn't do anything when I bought it.

Message 2 of 12 (6,044 Views)

★★ Pro
@6686687 This means that the email and password you entered does not match what you used for Origin. Make sure you use the same ones.

If your password is longer than 16 characters, or your email or password contain special characters, these can sometimes cause problems. For example, passwords containing accented characters are known to be problematic.

If you have two-factor authentication turned on, maybe try turning it off. I don't think this is required, but it's worth a shot.
Message 3 of 12 (6,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It was because my password was 16 characters exactly, that made it not connect. I just changed my password to be shorter and it worked.

Message 4 of 12 (6,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine aint long still aint working my email long tho

Message 5 of 12 (5,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Kyle_Necrowolf What should I do, if I can't make a SPORE account, but I got the game from Steam?
Message 6 of 12 (5,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey, just commenting so I can find this thread again incase you do get an answer

Message 7 of 12 (5,011 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

exactly...got it from steam, and my email is long and my password has special characters. gahhh

Message 8 of 12 (4,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i still cant register and i got it on steam can you tell me how to reach out to them 

Message 9 of 12 (4,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this issue until I changed my password to something smaller and without characters. However, I still cannot create an account because now it says that I'm not connected to the internet. Which, as you can clearly see, I am. I got my Spore version from Steam. Can anyone please help with this issue? It's been driving me nuts for days. Also, where is an official EA response to this issue? I only see players responding. I'm not happy with the lack of support. Please help all of us who have this issue asap.

Message 10 of 12 (3,744 Views)