Re: Error connecting to the Spore servers (Steam)

by deathkissmist

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Im having trouble creating an account on spore as well, but I'm getting a different result I'm getting a "An Unknown Error Occurred During Registration, Please Try Again" can someone help..? as i REALLY dont feel like buying a 10 dollar game (heck i dont even own Origins In fact im only able to Play Spore cuz my Mom owns it and has a share option

Message 11 of 20 (3,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will the Free Trial Edition of the creature creator from the spore website work? I'm betting you tried this already, but you didn't specify in the follow-up post, so I figured I'd check just in case.

Message 12 of 20 (3,606 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MGI0Mike some people don't have origin
Message 13 of 20 (3,459 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What if you don't have it on Steam?

Message 14 of 20 (3,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for persisting Thotumn69,

ME TOO.

that creature creator allowed me to register my EA account to a screen name.

After i had proof of purchase through steam ported to origins it still didn't work. Then i  i did your fix and bought the 10$ creature creator in origins, loaded it and registered my account. SUCCESS!

Then i went back to steam and installed galactic adventures and was able to login using the "Already have a Spore account?" at the top right, and it logged me in.

So, probably you don't need to port your game to origins with proof of purchase. prob just need to buy that creature creator to be able to register your EA account to a Spore Screen Name.

Don't know if you could just buy it on steam and make it work, certainly possible. It appears the original CD Key issue isn't really the issue for many players today. its the servers rejecting the registration from all the other games Spore, Creepy&Cute, Galactic Adventures. So, total bummer you need to drop an extra $10. That said, i bought the original 3 games on sale for 10$ in total (yes 83 % off in steam). So that brings me to $20. WORTH IT!

fyi i updated my case with EA as to this fix.

Thanks,

Message 15 of 20 (3,362 Views)

★★ Novice

Awesome. Downloading right now. I hope this fix will work for issues with loging in ingame as well, as that's my problem. Standard smile

Message 16 of 20 (2,736 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
as of July 30, 2022 owning the creature creator no longer seems to work. I currently show all four Spore titles in my EA account, but the games still fail to login with the "error connecting to servers" message. Like others, if I type in a fake password, I get that error message, so I know the connection is happening.
Message 17 of 20 (2,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you honestly EA would EVER fix something that LOST them money?

Message 18 of 20 (1,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yep pretty much dont worry i did the same thing

Message 19 of 20 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that didn't work for me and now i am down 8 bucks

Message 20 of 20 (518 Views)