EA wont add spore to account.

by maddogni

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA wont add spore to account.

★★★ Newbie

hi all 

i tried adding spore to my origin account and got this code has already been redeemed, contact ea support and was told the code was redeemed in 2008 and its not showing in my origin account is because it don't have rights to the digital version and i have to either play of my disk version or buy it again on the origin store, anyone else heard of this happening.

Message 1 of 7 (4,065 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA wont add spore to account.

Community Manager
@maddogni The message 'the code has already been redeemed' is given when the code is already associated with an existing Origin account.

If the one your using is not showing it or cannot use it. Can you try signing into or looking for older EA Accounts you may have tied it to?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (3,976 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@maddogni The message 'the code has already been redeemed' is given when the code is already associated with an existing Origin account.

If the one your using is not showing it or cannot use it. Can you try signing into or looking for older EA Accounts you may have tied it to?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (3,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've lost access to my old email at live.com so I made a new account on EA with my new email. Now im trying to add my boxset copy of spore to my new account but its already been redeemed on the other account i can not access. How do I get spore on my new account?

Message 3 of 7 (3,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don,t have another account that i can remember. I still have access to my oldest email, and my EA account is already connected to it. I can only add spore as a non EA game, and I cant register it. Using my code gives the already used error message.

Message 4 of 7 (2,779 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@dksamuri
It seems to me that EA doesn't want to honor these original game licenses from what I can tell. I also have an original game account & license and yet they still refuse to add the game to my Origin account. And from what I see on these forums it appears they simply ignore legitimately questions and only answer ones that allow them to shrug off all responsibility, like the OP and others.

Their customer service apparently doesn't even bother to look (or can't even look) into whatever Spore logs/archives they have for original EA/Spore accounts. It would be easy to assume that it might be because some EA exec thought it would be cheaper to just forget about customers, but ya know, it's probably more about their corporate culture.
Message 5 of 7 (2,648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem because I'm trying to switch accounts for spore but whenever I log into my current account it just fails. So, is there away I can not let it fail.

Message 6 of 7 (1,734 Views)

★ Novice

Been having the EXACT same issue here too! I was going to contact support but I won't since you seem to have that covered lol. It sucks, I just want to play a childhood game. I'm just going to wait for the next sale since it's usually reduced to like 3$ cad. Hopefully they'll do a large summer one soon.

Message 7 of 7 (992 Views)