Can't register account in game

by manicswitch

Original Post

Re: Can't register account in game

★★ Pro

Thanks to Rosalie (who has done a ton with the online features of spore) we now have a version ready to test… hopefully it works!

PM me here on AHQ, or join my discord https://discord.gg/66jVk3X if you are interested in  testing out the mod!

Message 41 of 88 (2,046 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I had a friend try to login with the same error, but he apparently then used his old EA account (this is apparently different than his current origin account, different email) and it registered successfully. He's able to look at and download from the sporepedia so honestly I don't know?

Message 42 of 88 (2,022 Views)

★★ Pro
@TTVveedwapor Login is not affected. If you already had a Spore persona on the account, it will work fine.

If it was indeed a new registration - meaning, this account was never used for Spore at all, and was registered with the three boxes on the registration page - then I'm curious to know the Spore screen name and where the game was purchased (Origin, Steam, GOG, etc...)
Message 43 of 88 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Kyle_Necrowolf I've sent you a PM, happy to help!
@pitchtheripoff sorry for yet another minor heart attack 

Message 44 of 88 (1,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I wonder how that mod is going? I dm'd Kyle on Discord about a week ago and they said that "The mod isn't working as-is, but we might've found another solution." Hm.

Message 45 of 88 (1,898 Views)

★ Apprentice

Too bad! I've also PMd but hadn't received a reply yet, now I know why :-( 

Message 46 of 88 (1,891 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Depending on if you're willing to barter with EA Support or shell out another 10 dollars, the Creature Creator on Origin seems to actually give the entitlements you need to register and upload to Sporepedia. The solution has worked for me and a few others, at this point it just depends how invested you are in getting this game's online functionally working.

Message 47 of 88 (1,887 Views)

★ Apprentice

@TTVveedwapor That's odd, nice workarround though. Does it also provide access to the online content in game?

I've already bought spore including all DLC, having legitimate keys (tried both Steam and Origin versions). EA was a little helpfull since they've ported / granted me the Origin keys, however, different employees give different tips to what to do next (which I obviously already have done). I still think Origin should fix this issue without having to purchase Creature Creator too, since the original game should include online features as advertised. 

And the solution to this issue is probably as simple as using the same server in Spore as Creature Creator does. Or something similar. I'm really curious how the process of registration exactly works. @Kyle_Necrowolf can you elaborate on that?

Message 48 of 88 (1,882 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TTVveedwapor Can you even download the creature creator anymore? Is there a way to log in on there?
Message 49 of 88 (1,874 Views)

★ Apprentice

You can, it's 5 euros here: Origin

But I can remember it was free once, in the early days.. say, 12 years ago or so.

Message 50 of 88 (1,866 Views)