Re: Can't register account in game

by 0rangeAedan

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

You can find it on the origin store by looking up Creature Creator, and no, you don't even have to download it. Purchasing it is enough to get the entitlements needed to register and fully use the Sporepedia. You might be able to convince support to give you the pack for free if you show them the results on the discord, because afaik this is the only way currently for people having the issue. Kyle may of not brought it up since they're still looking for a way that doesn't involve you buy another game.

Message 51 of 88 (6,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@TTVveedwaporWhat do you mean by "Showing the results on the discord?"
I really don't plan on buying it unless I'm very desperate.

Message 52 of 88 (6,346 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

https://discord.gg/66jVk3X 

This is the discord Kyle was redirecting people to, if you're deadset on not buying the pack your best bet is talking to support and referencing the fact this fixed it and showing them snippets from the discord.

Message 53 of 88 (6,341 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@TTVveedwapor fact is that we shouldn't have to pay for something that should be working in the first place. Wether it's 5 or 500 bucks, I can but just dont want to pay for it. A matter of principle; if everyone would give in paying another small fee, Origin wouldn't be bothered to resolve this issue.

Though, my question remains; can you validate all the online functionality in Spore works after purchasing Creature Creator and registering in Spore?

Message 54 of 88 (6,332 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have full access to the sporepedia for both downloading and uploading purposes and everything seems to track properly on the actual spore site.

Message 55 of 88 (6,323 Views)

★★★ Novice
@0rangeAedan I purchased Spore on Steam, had the folks on EA CS give me a key to Base game, and took my keys for the dlc from steam and registered it on origin, as well as had a CS agent grant me access to creature creator. Strangely enough though, Creature creator basically soft locks/crashes and I need to log out of my computer to actually close it. Will attempt uninstalling spore and its expansions, then install just the creature creator to see if it will allow me to register, then download the full game. Wish me luck.
Message 56 of 88 (6,306 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Timberpelt How did you get access to the creature creator? Just to save me some embarrassment lol
Message 57 of 88 (6,301 Views)

★★★ Novice
@pitchtheripoff I contacted EA customer support and the agent was nice enough to add it to my library. I recommend you attempt the free trial on spore.com to see if you can register an account on the free trial version to save you the headache of dealing with customer support first. See if that works and maybe people won't have to contact CS or spend an extra $10 just to register an account for spore.
Message 58 of 88 (6,298 Views)

★★ Pro

Just wanted to drop an update as I was away for a bit...

The only known solution at the moment is to purchase Spore Creature Creator at https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/spore/spore-creature-creator

You do not need to download or install it, it just has to be purchased. Do not install it if you already have the regular game installed, you can corrupt your data.

For some reason, purchasing it marks your account as owning the regular game, and thus allows you to register in-game. Not sure why, and it's unfortunate that this is needed, but until we hear from EA/Maxis, this is it for now.

The free trial does allow you to create an account, but this account will not be able to login to the regular game (seems like the server explicitly blocks trial accounts now, error is "451 - not entitled to use this product"). The other idea was to insert the registration code into the form via a mod, but it still doesn't seem to recognize it.

You may have luck contacting EA support and having them add Creature Creator to your account for free, but this is unverified.

If anyone is able to register WITHOUT purchasing Creature Creator, please post here, DM me, or contact me via Discord https://discord.gg/66jVk3X so we can investigate and hopefully find a better solution.

Message 59 of 88 (6,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After several hours with various support people, I purchased the Creature Creator (couldn't talk them into giving it to me) and the issue was resolved instantly. The representative then issued a refund for the Creator. We hope that since I am now registered, my access will not be revoked as a result, however until the refund is processed, I am wary. I will update should there be relevant new information.

EDIT: The refund cleared in minutes and I immediately lost access to the Sporepedia and My Spore. Bought the Creator again, access immediately granted. Incredible.

Message 60 of 88 (5,993 Views)