Can't download SPORE Galactic Adventures

by mimbelgewimbel

Original Post

Can't download SPORE Galactic Adventures

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

I have not played SPORE in a long time but a few days ago I wanted to revisit the game. When I bought it I had the main game and the Galactic Adventures expansion pack.

First I tried to instal it with the disk I had. It seemingly worked and I played a while but as I wanted to start with a new planet I realised that I the game was missing creatureparts. The game obviously wasn't updated, but the patches I downloaded did not work. Then I rememberd that I had put the game into my Origin account.

So I installed EA Desktop, logged in and tried to instal the game with the expansion pack. But after installing the main game, the download of the expansionpack stopped and I was shown a message that there was an issiue with the download.

I am using the program in german so I don't know what exactly the english message would say, but roughly translated it says:

Dowload-Issue

Something went wrong while downloading. To continue, try to download again. To continue, try to download again.

Original message:

Download-Fehler

Während des Downloads ist etwas schiefgelaufen. Versuche, den Download erneut durchzuführen, um fortzufahren. Versuche, den Download erneut durchzuführen, um fortzufahren.

I tried this multiple times. Then I tried to instal the game in other folders and onto other harddrives, cleared the cache, reinstaled the app, ran EA Desktop as an administrator, lowered the User Access Control settings, and I tried moving the files to a different location and while downloading again copied them into the instal location.

So far nothing worked.

I have no problems with the main game. It was installed and I can play it. I can even play the save I made while playing the game when I installed it via disk.

I am using a PC with Windows 11

I hope someone can help me. I was thinging about buying the Creepy and Cute pack, but don't want to waste my money on it and then have the same issue with it.

Message 1 of 1 (564 Views)