Can't Open Spore or Find Preferences

by redlilac78

Original Post

Can't Open Spore or Find Preferences

★★ Novice

I've recently downloaded Spore on my High Sierra Operating system on Mac through Origin. Upon trying to play the game I get a crash report. It's the same report I have been reading about, except when I go to find my SPORE Preferences in the Library - Preferences Path I see no SPORE Preferences. I've tried running it through Cider, and I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I read somewhere the preferences are only made after a game launch, but since I don't get mine to launch at all I don't know how I'm supposed to change the preferences. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5 (887 Views)

Re: Can't Open Spore or Find Preferences

@redlilac78 Hi

Spore's Preferences folder will only be created until the game is started.

Disable Origin in the game, and set the following settings. See guide on my private website.

If that doesn'thelp anything, I need more inforformationm which mac model should Spore runs

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 5 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but the settings aren't changing anything. Could you please help. 

Message 3 of 5 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz

I have the MacBook Pro 2017 with version 10.13.3 of High Sierra. I've disabled Origin already. Ive changed all those settings you pointed to -- This is the error I get.

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '*** -[__NSArray0 objectAtIndex:]: index 0 beyond bounds for empty NSArray'

Message 4 of 5 (856 Views)

@redlilac78

In this case, contact a game advisor, my ideas are exhausted.
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 5 of 5 (833 Views)