Re: Can't Acess Galactic Adventures Through EA App

by actioncameron123

Original Post

Can't Acess Galactic Adventures Through EA App

★ Guide

I own Spore and its two DLCs. Yet when I switched from Origin to the EA App. I cannot access Galactic Adventures anymore. It claims its in my account AND installed. Yet its not in game. I tried to repair the game but that didn't fix anything.

Message 1 of 8 (2,848 Views)

★ Novice
@John_Zonbi I hope this problem gets fixed, I’ve contacted EA so many times about this.
Message 2 of 8 (2,406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For people using Origin who are lucky enough to have not switched yet, the EA app attempts - keyword 'attempts' - to merge Spore and Spore: GA ala the Sims and its expansions. If you navigate to GA's dedicated menu, it doesn't have a play button of its own. Aside from rendering Galactic Adventures inaccessible through the app, it also hides how many hours you've spent playing GA. I guess the people who designed the EA app assumed that opening regular Spore opens GA even though it doesn't.

This is a serious dealbreaker with upgrading to the EA app with me and I'm glad my older PC still has Origin installed. I'm not bothering to upgrade until they get this straightened out (preferably by just splitting GA again).

Message 3 of 8 (2,229 Views)

★★ Novice

You can get around this by opening the Galactic Adventures app directly in the SporebinEP1 folder.

Message 4 of 8 (1,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunate fate happened to me. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this doesnt work for me, it tries to open the game through the app and then a message pops up saying "your game failed to launch"

Message 6 of 8 (1,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Why should we have to dig around in folders outside the app to play things we could access just fine through Origin?

Now that whatever fixes I had in place to keep from updating don't work I'd like to bring this up again; my playtime (+2,000 hours) for GA is gone and clicking the 'play' button under GA just opens the core game without GA. Fix your app.

update: I feel the need to stress that that this issue is specifically with the app, locating SporeApp.exe and launching Galactic Adventures that way works just fine, and reinstalling GA even puts the right shortcut on the desktop; the situation with the app itself it baffling to me.

Message 7 of 8 (1,814 Views)

★★ Novice

I got that issue too. At this point, they should just disable GA entirely. GA completely ruins Spore for me (Game crashes almost instantly), and I dont want to be punished for buying GA.

Quite strange that not a single EA person replies to this. 

Message 8 of 8 (431 Views)