Skate 3

by Dannersftw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skate 3

★★★ Newbie

I’ve just bought skate 3 on Xbox one and it will not play at all. I also have the 360 disk which takes too long to start so I get an error message. Do I need live to play it? I don’t have that at the moment. Tia

Message 1 of 4 (1,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skate 3

Community Manager

@Eyetor Is it Error 0x803F8001 that you are seeing? If so can you take a look at this Microsoft help article and try the steps suggested: https://support.xbox.com/ar-AE/xbox-one/errors/error-code-0x803F8001

Solution 1

If you’re playing a disc-based game, insert the game disc into the Xbox console. If the disc is already inserted, see Troubleshoot problems playing a disc on Xbox One.

Solution 2

If you bought or installed the game or app from the Microsoft Store on Xbox One (formerly the Xbox Store), make sure you’re signed in to Xbox Live.

Solution 3

If the game or app was installed digitally (without a disc) by someone else, have that person sign in to Xbox Live.

Tip

If the game owner chooses a specific Xbox as their home Xbox (in Settings > Personalization > My home Xbox), anyone who uses that Xbox may use installed games and apps, even when the person who installed them isn’t signed in.

For more info, see How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox.

Solution 4

A temporary outage on Xbox Live can trigger this message. If you see online Xbox Live status alerts, wait until service is restored, then try again.

Solution 5

If there’s a possibility the game or app has been running in the background for a long time, quit and restart it.

To keep this from happening again, quit the game before you switch activities on your Xbox One console.

Solution 6

If your Xbox is unresponsive, restart it.

Solution 7

If someone else originally bought and installed the game and you want your own copy, buy it digitally in the Microsoft Store on Xbox One. You won't need to reinstall the game before you can play.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,135 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
What is the error message you get when you try to launch the game?
Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,374 Views)

★ Novice
I have also been faced with this issue. The XBOX says Do you own this game or app?
Message 3 of 4 (1,151 Views)

Community Manager

@Eyetor Is it Error 0x803F8001 that you are seeing? If so can you take a look at this Microsoft help article and try the steps suggested: https://support.xbox.com/ar-AE/xbox-one/errors/error-code-0x803F8001

Solution 1

If you’re playing a disc-based game, insert the game disc into the Xbox console. If the disc is already inserted, see Troubleshoot problems playing a disc on Xbox One.

Solution 2

If you bought or installed the game or app from the Microsoft Store on Xbox One (formerly the Xbox Store), make sure you’re signed in to Xbox Live.

Solution 3

If the game or app was installed digitally (without a disc) by someone else, have that person sign in to Xbox Live.

Tip

If the game owner chooses a specific Xbox as their home Xbox (in Settings > Personalization > My home Xbox), anyone who uses that Xbox may use installed games and apps, even when the person who installed them isn’t signed in.

For more info, see How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox.

Solution 4

A temporary outage on Xbox Live can trigger this message. If you see online Xbox Live status alerts, wait until service is restored, then try again.

Solution 5

If there’s a possibility the game or app has been running in the background for a long time, quit and restart it.

To keep this from happening again, quit the game before you switch activities on your Xbox One console.

Solution 6

If your Xbox is unresponsive, restart it.

Solution 7

If someone else originally bought and installed the game and you want your own copy, buy it digitally in the Microsoft Store on Xbox One. You won't need to reinstall the game before you can play.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,136 Views)