Re: Skate 3 online xbox one DOES NOT WORK if you have the disk

by GEN-Lee-Cool

Original Post

Skate 3 online xbox one DOES NOT WORK if you have the disk

★ Novice

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure how this all works, but if someone from EA could sort this out that would be great.

I have read multiple threads on here of people having this same issue. For some reason, if you were a previous owner of the game Skate 3 before backwards compatibility, meaning you have the disk, online play on xbox one will not work. I don't know why this is, and by the looks of things neither does anyone at EA games. I've had one guy trying to tell me that online play for this game does not exist, even after I told him that I had recently that same day sat at my friends house, playing skate 3 online on an xbox one console. He eventually led to one of these "solved" threads on this website which consist of a customer like myself, having this same issue and not getting a result.

For a multi-billion pound company, you guys really suck at customer service. I urge someone to read this and help us all out, as I'm sure there are probably thousands of people having this issue. We NEED a fix, or, reach into your everlasting pockets and just take the hit! Send us all a free downloadable copy so that we can enjoy this awesome game to its fullest potential.

Also, the fact that I have the option to spend more money on DLC, but not the option to play online with my friends is an absolute joke.

Sort it out EA!!!!

Message 1 of 8 (7,513 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @chrischeevers 

Multiplayer should work, and it does not depends on the disk or digital download version. What kind of error message you are having in the game? Were you able to play the game online on the Xbox 360? Do you have an active EA Account? 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 8 (7,495 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

they fixed that months ago. the problem was with players who purchased the game digitally so they rolled up and update that fixed it. i have the disk and am currently playin on my xbox one with my friend who owns the game digitally and its just fine

Message 3 of 8 (7,486 Views)

★ Novice

hello, it says cannot connect to online server. and yes I have an active ea account that is linked to my xbox live account

Message 4 of 8 (7,458 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same for me tried the game on Xbox one I can't connect to server then tried it on my 360 and it works so can someone explain please why can't I play on Xbox one online
Message 5 of 8 (7,447 Views)

★ Novice

No one seems to be able to explain anything mate, I've seen loads of posts from people having the same problem and not getting a result

Message 6 of 8 (7,444 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm sur ea can do something about it
Message 7 of 8 (7,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I would hoped that was would do something but they did nothing. I digitally downloaded skate 3 of the Xbox one store I can’t play online because it says can’t connect to EA nation. But my cousin has the disk and he can play online and nothing like that is happening to his like it’s happening to mine. So should I  buy the disk and see if it works and if so will my account still have my things from the skate 3 data in the digitally downloaded version?

Message 8 of 8 (1,218 Views)